Albany Public Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2017 Summer Reading Program > [2017] Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia PM | 33 comments Mod
Hi everyone! We're bringing back our long-forgotten Goodreads group as part of our 2017 adult summer reading program. We hope you all will follow along and share what you're reading this summer with us. More information to come....
Thanks,
Julia

message 2: by Mirkat (new)

Mirkat | 209 comments Yay! :)

message 3: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Karmel | 3 comments Reading author Michel Houellebecq (in English) at the moment. I recommend this author only if you are interested in books that are written from an unabashed male point of view. Please feel free to check out any of my goodreads reviews, which are all public.

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (readersbeadvised) | 78 comments Mod
I'm excited too, I actually met Mirkat through the adult Goodreads group and follow her reviews on Goodreads daily! Love making connections with bookish people.

If you haven't already jumped on and have an Instagram or Twitter account, try the June #riotgrams challenge. Each day you post a different picture based on the prompt.

message 5: by Mirkat (new)

Mirkat | 209 comments That evening was such a fun wrap-up to our summer reading that year, Alicia! I hope the library does some similar activities this year. :)

message 6: by Julia (new)

Jonathan wrote: "Reading author Michel Houellebecq (in English) at the moment. I recommend this author only if you are interested in books that are written from an unabashed male point of view. Please feel free to ..."

Thank you for the recommendation, Jonathan and welcome (back)!

message 7: by Julia (new)

Mirkat wrote: "That evening was such a fun wrap-up to our summer reading that year, Alicia! I hope the library does some similar activities this year. :)"

We will be having another wrap up party this year! Once we officially get underway with the program, I will post more details, but here is the plan in a nutshell:
The wrap-up party will be an ice cream social at the Delaware branch on Tuesday, August 22 from 6:30-8:00 PM with live music and general socializing. The Farmer's Market will be taking place in the branch parking lot too that evening as well.

message 8: by Julia (new)

Alicia wrote: "I'm excited too, I actually met Mirkat through the adult Goodreads group and follow her reviews on Goodreads daily! Love making connections with bookish people.

If you haven't already jumped on a..."

Thanks for joining us again, Alicia! Making connections with fellow readers is exactly what we are hoping will be the outcome of this group.

Good call on the June #riotgrams challenge! Who doesn't love a reading/book related challenge?

message 9: by Julia (new)

Mirkat wrote: "Yay! :)"

Yay, indeed! Thanks for joining us for the summer reading program again!

message 10: by Mirkat (new)

Mirkat | 209 comments Julia wrote: "We will be having another wrap up party this year! Once we officially get underway with the program, I will post more details, but here is the plan in a nutshell:
The wrap-up party will be an ice cream social at the Delaware branch on Tuesday, August 22 from 6:30-8:00 PM with live music and general socializing. The Farmer's Market will be taking place in the branch parking lot too that evening as well."

That sounds like fun! Little request for the ice cream social: please include vegan options. So Delicious makes wonderful vegan ice creams, and now Ben & Jerry even makes some vegan flavors. :)

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan (susande) | 185 comments Julia wrote: "Mirkat wrote: "That evening was such a fun wrap-up to our summer reading that year, Alicia! I hope the library does some similar activities this year. :)"

We will be having another wrap up party t..."

Missed it last year. Have it on my calendar now, and looks like I am available! Looking forward to it.

message 12: by Julia (new)

Mirkat wrote: "Julia wrote: "We will be having another wrap up party this year! Once we officially get underway with the program, I will post more details, but here is the plan in a nutshell:
The wrap-up party w..."

This is a great suggestion! We'll be sure to include some began options as well!

message 13: by Mirkat (new)

Mirkat | 209 comments Thanks, Julia. :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.