Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Need help changing author name!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by B.L. (new)

B.L. Bruce (blbruce) | 3 comments Hi librarians! I am a Goodreads author and have recently applied to become a librarian but in the meantime I need help with my author name and book titles. My author name is missing a space and because of this I believe some titles I have written are not showing up. My author name is now B.L. Bruce but needs to be changed to B. L. Bruce. I am the author of four books: The Weight of Snow, 28 Days of Solitude, The Starling's Song and The Weight of Snow (second edition). I also need help adding and combining editions. Any help is much appreciated!

message 2: by Monika (new)

Monika (monikal) | 674 comments Hey there, you could find more information regarding your author name and book titles on this topic https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...

And about the merging of editions you can follow this topic https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...

message 3: by B.L. (new)

B.L. Bruce (blbruce) | 3 comments Thanks, but I can't make changes to my name because I don't have librarian status yet.

I will look into merging editions.

message 4: by Cassandra (last edited Jun 06, 2017 12:07PM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments B.L. wrote: "Thanks, but I can't make changes to my name because I don't have librarian status yet.

I will look into merging editions."

Goodreads standard for initials is that if an author uses initials in their name, the initials should contain NO spacing between them and be marked with a period. No spaces within the letters of a name.

So, unfortunately your name will have to remain as it is. If you need help combining or adding editions, it's perfectly fine to ask for help here- just provide specifics about what you need done.

message 5: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Your name should not be changed, it's correct per GR policy, with no spaces between the initials. You can read more about the policies on the link Monika posted.

message 6: by B.L. (new)

B.L. Bruce (blbruce) | 3 comments Ah, I didn't know! Thank you for your prompt help!