ACPL Online Book Club discussion

The Boston Girl
This topic is about The Boston Girl
The Boston Girl-June

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Craig (new)

Craig B | 287 comments Mod
Join us for face-to-face discussions the first Monday of every month at 7 pm and/or follow the continuing conversations here!

message 2: by Craig (new)

Our group gave Diamant's fifth novel a 4.25 out of 5 stars. Everyone seemed pretty happy with the narrative and grateful for the semi-happy ending (I don't think that gives anything away since the whole story is told as a grandmother talking to her granddaughter) and no one seemed to like the main character's mother even as we tried to be understanding. Personally, I was pleased at the depth of emotion conveyed and the historical detail provided by Diamant's narrative. Have you read the book? Tell us what you think!

Heatherl34 | 2 comments I just finished this book and loved it. While Addie wasn't blazing any major trails for women, it was so interesting to read and think about all the changes she had seen in her lifetime social mores technology etc. But also a very heart warming story about friendships and families.

message 4: by Craig (new)

Heatherl34 wrote: "I just finished this book and loved it. While Addie wasn't blazing any major trails for women, it was so interesting to read and think about all the changes she had seen in her lifetime social more..."

I also quite liked the snapshot it provided of the era Addie came of age in.