Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [General] > Little Free Library

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
littlefreelibrary.org

I'm going to be starting one in my neighborhood very soon. Mostly because I'm starting to think that I should reach out more, which is hard to do as a severely introverted person as many of you know! BUT. This way, I won't have to talk to many people/can pretend to not be home but still be known as that nice person.

Anyone else in? 😃

message 2: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I really want to start one as well! I've started looking into it.

message 3: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

That's awesome! I like that they have upcycle/ diy ideas on their site too. This can be our little support group

message 4: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Yes, the site seems really helpful. Love the idea for this thread!

message 5: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 3983 comments Good idea!

message 6: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7203 comments Mod
One of my neighbors did this and it's adorable!! A fun way to encourage reading - especially for kids. I see them swap stuff out all the time.

message 7: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Cool idea. I'm mostly Kindle bound these days.

message 8: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Me too (except with the overdrive app), but fun for the community

message 9: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

I'd do it, but I have an issue with touching books other people have touched lol.

message 10: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Don't you sell books??

message 11: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

This reminds me of the time I had the worst massage ever from a therapist who wore gloves the whole time lol

message 12: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Not anymore, but when I did I was I receiving, so I touched them first (bwahahahaha). Also, those are new, shiny books. I'm more opposed to the grimy old library editions with reported traces of fecal matter and all other sorts of yuckies on them.

And that would indeed be a bad massage. That's really funny! You think someone is in the wrong profession? Lol

message 13: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

And what do you do for a living now?

message 14: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

I work in an office. :) basically, this company needed someone to come in and organize years of files all piled into a mountain of boxes. Anything with organizing is my ideal job, and Ive loved every minute of it. I've since taken over payables and most of the commercial tenant communications. Have you ever heard of Wilson Electronics? I work for Mr. Wilson lol.

I would have been a bookseller forever, but a dual wrist injury drove me out of the job. Lifting and scanning books every day for 11 years can apparently do that to you.

message 15: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

That's awesome! I'm glad you work in a field you enjoy! It sounds like someone like me dropped the ball on organizing there and you swooped in lol

message 16: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

I got lucky for sure! And yes, a couple of someones have been dropping the ball for 20+ years. I call that job security lol.

message 17: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff | 328 comments I grab books from these all the time. One time I wanted a book from one of them but it was crawling with ants