Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Series of issues with miniature books

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6187 comments I would put "miniature edition" in the edition field because that's where edition info (like large print, special, collectors, pocket) belongs.
Although that often makes proper combining more complicated (info in edition field is not shown directly on combine page) ...wish there's a more librarian friendly way someday, because I appreciate only have title in title field without tons of additional information.

message 2: by ☕ Lachgas ♿ (last edited Jun 06, 2017 06:05PM) (new)

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6187 comments And yes these anonymous seems to be wrong...that should be used for religious texts or some where the author is called so and that doesn't seem to be the case here.
(As I'm already in bed and only on tablet I can't actually do that changes at the moment)

These big publisher are a real pain for librarians...you never get them fully sorted out in which books the publisher is correct as author or where real authors can be found (and they often use different variations of their company name)

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6187 comments If you have problems/uncertainties with german things - just ask :)

So, now going through your to-be-done changes chronologically:
1. done (this doubled authorname - mostly of publishers names - are something I personally find really annoying, but often they are already twice on amazon so it's quite normal they are imported that way :/)
subtitle and edition added

2. Photographer was already set by another librarian - added Various for the text - I like that more if there is another normal author ... and in fact the quotes are from various persons and not from the Publisher himself - so it just feels better in my opinion.

3. added Liz Vodges and changed anonymous to various.

4. added the colon, kept Running Press as editor as primary author and added Various as second (because the quotes are from various authors/women)

5.added compiler as role

bonus book 1: removed the miniature from title but kept the "and" as that's what's on worldcat and amazon - worldcat lists the "&" as other titles so that can appear on alternate editions in that way. Added pagecount from worldcat.

bonus book 2: removed the miniature edition things from the title, added roles for both authors (confirmed by worldcat)

entered on all books miniature edition in the edition field.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42456 comments Mod
In general, Various should be reserved for when no other author is known.