Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
This topic is about Angelfall
Book of the Month Archives > June 2017-Angelfall by Susan Ee

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

What did you rate it? And Why?
Who did you like? And Why?
Who did you not like? And Why?
What did you like? And Why?
What did you not like? And Why?
Would you recommend this book to anyone? If yes, why? If no, why?

Megan (ReadingRover) | 1232 comments Mod
I've had this trilogy from Audible forever and have been looking for an excuse to listen to it. I've heard it's really good. I'm excited about it!

Roxanne | 727 comments Mod
I read this one and enjoyed it, (despte angels being very hit or miss, usually miss for me) I don't know if I ever finished the series. I might need to do a reread.

message 4: by Farren (last edited Jun 28, 2017 06:59PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Farren (mmmcookies) I don't typically enjoy angel stories very much. The best part about this one is how dark it is compared to all the other fluffy ones out there. It took me a bit to get into, but I did get sucked in and finished it quickly although the audiobook narration wasn't the best. The writing isn't very good either, and I imagine that comes through more while reading a physical copy. Maybe I'm just super picky because this story has a gazillion 5 star ratings and I only gave it 3 1/2...

Megan (ReadingRover) | 1232 comments Mod
I loved this book. It was a totally different take on your average angel tale. It was much darker. The whole post apocalyptic angel take over was excellent. I loved all the non stop action and gore. Penryn still had family values even though her whole world had been destroyed by the angels which made her really likable. Things like getting her sister back and her mother's mental illness were priorities for her. I liked that for once the romance was kind of on the back burner of the story. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed and appreciated the chemistry that Penryn and Raffe had going on but I like that the book was more about finding Paige and reattaching Raffe's wings.