Star Wars Bookworms Book Club discussion

What should I read BEFORE reading the Fate of the Jedi series?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new)

Christopher | 7 comments This is for my personal references... much later down the road..
I am NOT planning on reading Fate of the Jedi now, but seeing as its the last major series of Legends....
I was just curious what the prerequisites were for reading the series....
WHAT other Legends series (or standalones) are general requirements for better understanding the Fate of the Jedi series?

Thanks! :)

message 2: by Khurram (new)

Khurram (theirongeek) | 26 comments Legacy of the Force series is the prequel for this series, and it was very important. Especially the relationship between Ben and Luke.

This is also the Lost Tribe of the Sith. Which gives the history of the Sith in the Fate of the Jedi series. This is a single book collection of 5 short previous e-books.

message 3: by Christopher (new)

Christopher | 7 comments Khurram wrote: "Legacy of the Force series is the prequel for this series, and it was very important. Especially the relationship between Ben and Luke.

This is also the Lost Tribe of the Sith. Which gives the his..."

Thank you very much!
I actually own (and have read) the Lost Tribe of the Sith collection, I enjoyed it !:)

message 4: by Caleb (last edited Jun 06, 2017 03:44PM) (new)

Caleb Hobbick (chobbick) | 97 comments Read the New Jedi order series first. Then the Drak Nest Trilogy, then the Legacy of the Force series, then finally the Fate of the Jedi series. That is the order of the series before the Fate of the Jedi. The Vong invade the galaxy and that's what starts it all. I have read all of these series besides the Fate of the Jedi. I'm glad I'm not the only person reading the old books. It will be more difficult to find the older books though in the library. You'll have to find other ways to obtain the old books if the library does not have them. I had no problem but it might be different for you.

message 5: by Khurram (new)

Khurram (theirongeek) | 26 comments Both of the Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi started out slow, I took about 3 books in before they really started going. However from there they were awesome.

message 6: by Tiana (new)

Tiana (thetianaolivia) Legacy of the Force definitely. The Fate of the Jedi series was one of the first Star Wars series that I had read, and they do a good job of writing it so even if you haven't read all the other books it's still understandable, but you'll get a lot more out of it if you read the Legacy of the Force first.

message 7: by Christopher (new)

Christopher | 7 comments Caleb wrote: "Read the New Jedi order series first. Then the Drak Nest Trilogy, then the Legacy of the Force series, then finally the Fate of the Jedi series. That is the order of the series before the Fate of t..."

Any series/standalone I should read before the New Jedi Order series?

I have read the Thrawn Trilogy (Among other books that have no influence on this era of Star Wars)

I assume the Jedi Academy, and X Wing series are both important? Along with the Thrawn Duology (which I own)?

message 8: by Khurram (new)

Khurram (theirongeek) | 26 comments Jedi Academy more or less leads right into New Jedi Order. Thrawn Duology is important for later in the series.