YA and Beyond discussion

MONTHLY BOOK DISCUSSIONS > June 2017: Graffiti Moon

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

*b*l*u*e*m*o*o*n* | 986 comments Mod
Let's Discuss Graffiti Moon. This is one of my few 5 Stars that I've read and one of the fewer contemporary romance that I enjoyed.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 6961 comments Mod
I read this when it first came out and really enjoyed it. I need to check my kindle to see if I bought it so I can re-read it.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy Just bought the book and started reading today. So far I really like it. I love movies and books that are within a 24hr period. The only ones I can think of are John Hughes films like Ferris Bueller or Breakfast club but I'm sure there's more. Oh or Dazed and Confused. I have a feeling this book is gonna have a more series tone though. Am I right?

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy Just finished and I really loved it. Lucy and Ed were such great characters! I loved the art element to the book as I'm arty myself. I didn't realise the author is from Australia and it was set in Melbourne until a little way in but I thought that was also great as I live in Sydney and know Melbourne pretty well. It was so refreshing to read something set here as most of the fiction I read is based in America or the uk. I could totally relate to the hot summer night. Those are killer and when that cool change comes it's almost magical. That was my favourite part of the book I think. There was such a sense of magic and that teenage dreaming and hoping. I really enjoyed that. Great book!

Yay Amy! Glad you loved it too. I adore YA Aussie writers! Melina Marchetta is one of my top 5 favorite authors of all time.

I also recommend Cath's other book A Little Wanting Song A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley BTW. I just re-read my review and see that I noted that reading Graffiti Moon made me feel like a teen again walking around outside with my friends. :)

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy Heidi (Yup. Still here.) wrote: "I also recommend Cath's other book A Little Wanting SongA Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley BTW. I just re-read my review and see that I noted that reading Graffiti Moon made m..."

I've read one Melina Marchetta and I like it. I think I have a few more of her's on my TBR list as well. Should move them up the list. I put A little wanting song on my TBR list half way through Graffiti Moon as I liked it so much. Glad to hear it's also good. :)

Yay! I hope you like A Little Wanting Song. FYI On the Jellicoe Road is my favorite MM book. Have you read Markus Zusak? He is another Aussie author. I adored Book Thief and I Am the Messenger by him.

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy Wow the book thief is by him? Haven't read it but saw the movie. There are some very good Aussie young adult, I never new. I'll have to look into this more.

There are several awesome YA Aussie writers. There is something in the water over there :)

Kelly Martin- Loudermilk | 1 comments What is book for July 2017? Too to late to read Graffiti Moon.

-Kelly

The Thirteenth Tale The Thirteenth Tale is July's read

*b*l*u*e*m*o*o*n* | 986 comments Mod
ooo...I''m glad you guys like my pick. YAY!