Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > Andy Carpenter books

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (last edited Jun 05, 2017 03:32PM) (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Does anybody else feel that a lot of his books are alike? I'm reading
Who let the dog out and I keep thinking I read this before, but I know I didn't. Dogs are kidnaped and Andy saves the world. LOL

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3050 comments I figure I can stand it for light entertainment. Certainly not for great literature.

message 3: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments There are always some similarities, but there's always something different with the "bad guys". I like the characters and I always get a few laughs from these books, so they're okay by me!

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments I enjoy them too, but I keep looking on books I read to see if I read the book. I do get some laughs out of the books.

message 5: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8053 comments I know what you mean, Amy. I tend to wait a longer time between those kinds of books for the reason. On my list is Jonathan Kellerman's Alex Delaware series, and J.D. Robb's Eve Dallas series. Oh, and the Stephanie Plum series. I enjoy them much more when I've waited long enough to want to hear from those characters, and can overlook the similarities in plot construction.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Carol, I also try to wait awhile between books.