SQHS Sci-Fi/Fantasy 2017 discussion

Frankenstein
This topic is about Frankenstein
Frankenstein by Mary Shelly

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (last edited Jun 05, 2017 02:56PM) (new)

Jenny | 8 comments Review by Jenny-
Imagine if humanity created humans instead of breeding or making your own but instead of it being your friend, it because your foe or even your worst nightmare. In Frankenstein by Mary Shelly a young scientist name Victor Frankenstein wanted to create life or recreate life meaning bringing dead people back to life. The reason he wanted to achieve this goal is because his mother died and he wanted to bring her back to life. But once he created the monster (yes I did say monster because some people think that the monster name is Frankenstein but in the book the monster remains nameless from the beginning to end) he was scared of the monster and ran away ditching the monster he created. Because the monster was alone he tried to find refuge. But since we was ugly and different society hated him, feared him, and tried to hunt him down claiming he was evil. There was so much hate that he broke down and hate flowed into him like a broken dam with too much water. He then committed atrocious acts that nothing can compensate for. Eventually Victor hopes and dreams turns against him and what was suppose to bring him happiness and joy cause him pain and misery.

This book is amazing, it keeps you on the tip of your toes until the very end. The author tend to use a lot of foreshadowing in this book which makes the plot kind of obvious but she makes up for it with the plot twists. Due to the foreshadowing and plot twist most the time my predictions were wrong and what really happen leaves me speechless. I also love the characters in this book, how the monster changed so much and how stubborn Victor is. I couldn’t put this book down and when I was done it made me want more. If this was a perfect book for sci-fi and fantasy, I would recommend this book without hesitation.

message 2: by Finley (new)

Finley  | 10 comments I had to read this book for 10th grade english. I really enjoyed it! Great review!

message 3: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Decker | 8 comments Wow! I read this book. I didn't really like it at the time. But over time I started to think about the plot and ideas of the book and I realized that its pretty cool. Good work on the review.

message 4: by Dixon (new)

Dixon Livingston | 9 comments I read this book and enjoyed it, it really shows the effects of a single mistake and the impact on other people.

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Larsen | 7 comments Ive heard of this book and have been told mixed reviews on it. it definitely sounds like a book id want to read from what youve said about it!

message 6: by Tylor (new)

Tylor | 6 comments I really like how you described the book and gave us a taste of what its about its. sounds like it would be a scary to read at night!