SIA Showcase for Readers and Writers discussion

Member showcase H through M > Melissa Jensen - Here There be Dragons...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa, Carver of Roast Beasties (new)

Melissa Jensen (kdragon) | 9 comments Mod
Yeah, took me long enough to make this. I'm so easily distracted it's not even fun... oh, shiny thing!

I'm Melissa Jensen, writer of fantasy and sometimes science-fiction, with a love for underdog characters and dragons because... dragons. Dragons are cool. I'm also rather eclectic with what I write, in that one story might be swash-buckling adventure and another more dark and creepy. I also write for both adults and young adults.

Feel free to start discussions. Discussions are most welcome - books, movies, music, art, the ridiculous things our pets do. And if those discussions turn silly all the better, I love humor (er... just nothing raunchy. Not a fan of raunchy).

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 443 comments Hi Melissa! I rescue dogs and I adore your golems! Hugs

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1090 comments Well it's about time, Lady! ;-)

Fun and stupid fact: As a child, I thought raunch was a snooty way of saying ranch, so if something was raunchy, it must have meant that it was made with high quality ranch dressing.

So what's next on your writing agenda?

message 4: by Melissa, Carver of Roast Beasties (new)

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) wrote: "Hi Melissa! I rescue dogs and I adore your golems! Hugs"

Aww, thank you :D

message 5: by Melissa, Carver of Roast Beasties (new)

Christina wrote: "Well it's about time, Lady! ;-)

Fun and stupid fact: As a child, I thought raunch was a snooty way of saying ranch, so if something was raunchy, it must have meant that it was made with high quali..."

I used to get raunchy and rowdy mixed up :/

Right now I'm slogging through book one of a three book fantasy epic. It's not that it's been difficult to write - actually it's been pretty easy - but since I started my job I've been having to flip flop between working on said book and working on my dolls. So some days I focus on writing and others on doll-making, and sometimes, just sometimes, come those rare and few days where I manage to do both. I've never been great at multitasking.

message 6: by Lyra (new)

Lyra Shanti (lyrashanti) | 533 comments Hi, Melissa! Dragons are awesome! And you make dolls? How cool!

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 443 comments One thing at a time, Melissa. Don't forget to breath. Hugs

message 8: by Noor (new)

Noor Al-Shanti | 96 comments Dragon dolls based on characters from your dragon books? :)

But seriously, that's an awesome talent to have in addition to your writing, so cool!

message 9: by Melissa, Carver of Roast Beasties (new)

Since October is on our doorstep and Halloween is not far behind (one of my favorite holidays) I thought I'd give a shout out to one of my favorite storytelling Youtube channels - Chilling Tales for Dark Nights (I almost spelled that "Knights". Dang it, Batman!) If you like creepy tales I highly suggest checking them out, along with the Otis Jiry channel. That man is right up there with Morgan Freeman when it comes to narration, in my opinion.

I also plan on whipping out a scary story or two of my own in the near future.