What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > PR Mascot

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cara's Craftsations (last edited Jan 24, 2018 04:06PM) (new)

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Symbol of power, Poster child or Figurehead. I want books where people want to use the MC as mascot to further their own goals.
Optional the MC may want to help out.

Mockingjay Katniss is the Mockingjay for District 13

The Last Dragonslayer King Snodd tries to do this to the last dragonslayer

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Fudge and Scrimgeour want to use Harry as a mascot for ministry of magic

Lost in a Good Book Cordelia Flakk tries to get Thursday Next to do a lot of state censor PR appearances.

message 2: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5204 comments A Clockwork Orange--Alex is used as the poster child for various people and causes.
Your requests are so interesting.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Rosa wrote: "A Clockwork Orange--Alex is used as the poster child for various people and causes.
Your requests are so interesting."

Thank you, Rosa for your recs and kind words.

message 4: by Spockles (new)

Spockles | 199 comments Shadow and Bone trilogy by Leigh Bardugo – Not so much in the first book, but in the other two, multiple groups want to use Alina for her power or her symbol. Head priest wants her to be a saint figurehead for his cult-like followers.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Spockles wrote: "Shadow and Bone trilogy by Leigh Bardugo – Not so much in the first book, but in the other two, multiple groups want to use Alina for her power or her symbol. Head priest wants her ..."

Sounds good. Thank you, Spockles.

message 6: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1136 comments Following.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Rosa wrote: "Thank You for Smoking"

Thank you, Rosa.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Sort of in Feed Georgia and Shaun Mason were only adopted by their blogger parents as part of a publicity stunt. The parents like to blog about raising kids during a zombie apocalypse.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Rosa wrote: "Palace of Mirrors
Eldest
Brave New World, I think."

Thanks, Rosa.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Bump*

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments The Princess Diaries Mia's Grand-mère tries to do this to her.

message 14: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5204 comments The Great Big Book of Tomorrow: A Treasury of Cartoons
Hell in a Handbasket
In these collections of This Modern World cartoons, President Bush is sometimes depicted as a "small cute dog" whose handlers "interpret" his barks and tell the public what they mean.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Rosa wrote: "The Great Big Book of Tomorrow: A Treasury of Cartoons
Hell in a Handbasket
In these collections of This Modern World cartoons, President Bush is sometimes depicted as a..."

Thanks.

message 16: by Cara's Craftsations (last edited Aug 26, 2018 07:43AM) (new)

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Damned Madison's celebrity parents adopt a child whenever their new movie comes out for the publicity. They then send the child to a boarding school after they have served their purpose.

Feed Georgia and Shawn's adoptive parents adopted them for their "how to raised a family during the zombie apocalypse" blog

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments PR Bump*

message 20: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5204 comments Have you seen Joker yet, CC?

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Rosa wrote: "Have you seen Joker yet, CC?"

No. Why?

message 22: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5204 comments Let's just say it's relevant to this topic.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Rosa wrote: "Let's just say it's relevant to this topic."

You mean how people on the internet are using the Joker to further their own goals?

message 24: by Rosa (last edited Jul 09, 2020 06:20PM) (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5204 comments No. He becomes the accidental symbol of a movement. I didn't want to spoil it.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Rosa wrote: "No. He becomes an accidental symbol of a movement. I didn't want to spoil it."

I should have said that I read the Wikipedia page. Thx.

message 26: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5204 comments Sheesh.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Rosa wrote: "Sheesh."

?

message 28: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5204 comments That was my "I give up" noise. It's an interesting movie with more than one element you seek. You should watch it, if the Wikipedia page didn't kill any interest you might have had.

message 29: by Rosa (new)

message 30: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2070 comments It's a short story: The Girl Who Was Plugged In.

Cara's Craftsations | 1859 comments Rosa wrote: "That was my "I give up" noise. It's an interesting movie with more than one element you seek. You should watch it, if the Wikipedia page didn't kill any interest you might have had."

Oh please don't give up. I read of a little bit of the wiki page to help spark my interest.

message 32: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5204 comments :)
Well, okay then.