Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Help Combining books

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth Rhodes (beth_rhodes) | 4 comments Greetings.
I have two of my newest release Strike Zone on my book list. Not sure who created the second. Maybe I did it by mistake? anyway. I made the "series" labelled one the primary/default, but then had two people leave reviews on the other one, which doesn't even have the buy link. Is it possible to get them combined? I don't want to lose the reviews, either.

And FWIW, shouldn't people have to have an ISBN or ASIN in order to create a book? Once, i had a girl make a book for a manuscript of mine, because she was in a reading group on Goodreads and wanted credit for it. It was a word document at the time! She was basically giving me feedback. Anyway, you did take care of that for me, but wouldn't you rather not be taking care of this kind of thing all the time?

thank you, again. I appreciate you and the work.
Sincerely,
Beth
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 2: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10805 comments The edition without ASIN was added by you, the edition with ASIN came from the automatic import from Amazon. I merged the duplicate into the other edition, it can take some time before all reviews will show correctly again.

Books can be added without ISBN or ASIN because not all books have those.

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth Rhodes (beth_rhodes) | 4 comments Thank you.