Roleplay in Different Eras! discussion

Love in the 1800 > Late 1800s

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 2280 comments For a late 1800s rp

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 2280 comments 😁 how shall we begin?

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 2280 comments Maybe Eli's family attends a party there?

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 2280 comments Yep! Sounds fab! Wanna start?

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 2280 comments Eli looked up sharply when everyone started to exit the carriage. So lost in her thoughts, she didn't even feel it stop.
Her hair, loosely coiled on her head, was already beginning to fall around her face. With some coaxing, she had allowed a servant to curl it, but insisted on pinning it up herself. The fiery mess on her head was the finished result.
She was the last to exit the carriage and jumped down without assistance-- not because she ignored the hand placed before her, but simply because she didn't see it. She followed everyone else inside, wishing she could be anywhere but there. She already knew nobody would ask her to dance; nobody ever did. Instead, she amused herself by walking around, playing 'I Spy' all on her own.
"I spy with my little eyes..." she said to herself, "a married man flirting with a very gullible young lady." She said it much too loudly, causing the lady to blush, and the man to nervously tug at his collar.
She could already sense the people around her staring, and murmuring, perhaps even comparing her to her sister who was currently dancing effortlessly with her fiancé.
She sighed. She was bored already. She began to wander into a dimly lit hallway. Maybe she would explore a little. If she got in trouble for poking around somewhere... well, it was the owner's own fault. They couldn't expect privacy when throwing such lavish parties, people were bound to wander in places they shouldn't.

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 2280 comments "You are forgiven." She stated simply, failing to detect his hesitance to speak to her. "I'm Eli." She thrust her hand in his direction for him to shake it, "Your name is?"

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 2280 comments "Interesting name!" She beamed, "Is there a story behind the name? Oh, please tell me there is!" She loved names. Unique names. Hers was too typical. Elizabeth. So 'prosh.' That was a word she made up, which was proper and posh combined. She loved smushing words together into one. It made conversations a little more interesting.
She blinked. Where was she again? Right. She had asked the man a question.

Princess Emilia (emilyjanebookworm) | 2280 comments "Hm." She narrowed her eyes at him. "You couldn't have just made something up? You're boring." She turned away and slipped into an empty hallway. Its walls were adorned with paintings of all who once resided there in the past. She walked on, her hand dragging across the wall as she did. One painting in particular caught her attention. The woman it depicted was stunning. Eli stopped to stare at it.
"Pretty." She breathed. A single, lonely hallway was already far more interesting than the ballroom and all who were within it.