Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Job Postings- For Hire! > FREE developmental editing - elevate your book (limited time)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.L. (last edited Jun 05, 2017 10:16AM) (new)

C.L. Lynch (cllynchauthor) | 210 comments (Limited time offer, first come first served!)

Hi folks,

I've decided to start up some developmental editing services. I'm good at looking at the bones of a story and seeing what will make it better. Specifically, I am very good at identifying tropes and over-used plot devices, as well as stereotypes, and making suggestions about how they could be improved.

I'm looking to build a portfolio of testimonials, so need some people to sample my services and give me feedback about what was helpful/what was not, and how much they think I should charge.

So, if you:

- Are stuck at a point in your book and aren't sure how to get past it/where to go next
- Have a manuscript that doesn't feel quite right and you aren't sure what to do about it
- Have a manuscript that you want to elevate and improve
- Are worried that your book is too much like other books in its genre, and you want it to stand out

Then let me know!

About me: I am university educated with a lifelong love of reading and writing. My first novel, Chemistry, recently won an IndieReader Discovery Award. I enjoy a wide variety of genres, since really what I love most is a good book of any kind, but my favourites are middle grade, YA, fantasy/paranormal, and women's lit. I enjoy a good romance but I don't have much patience for overdone gender stereotypes. I am pro LGBTQ, pro equality, anti-racism, anti-ableism. If your book has problems in these areas I will be sure to let you know (kindly! No judgment).

If you want in, let me know, and if you have questions, please ask them!

message 2: by Mary Ellen (new)

Mary Ellen Woods (maryellen_woods) | 76 comments I have a second chance contemporary military romance that could use a look over. It has some issues I'm sure. I can send you a summary if you'd like.

message 3: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Radan | 1 comments Yes, please! I would be so appreciative. I currently have a manuscript of about 55,000 words. I'm not sure of the genre, but it has elements of speculative fiction. And yes, I am stuck. I just feel like it's missing something.

I'd be happy to give detailed feedback in exchange for your generosity! Feel free to email me at jorradan@gmail.com if this sounds like something you'd be interested in.

Thanks!

message 4: by C.L. (last edited Jun 06, 2017 09:35AM) (new)

C.L. Lynch (cllynchauthor) | 210 comments Mary Ellen wrote: "I have a second chance contemporary military romance that could use a look over. It has some issues I'm sure. I can send you a summary if you'd like."

I'd be happy to look it over :-) you can email it to author at CLLYNCH dot com

Jordan, I emailed you!

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy Hamilton | 2560 comments Have emailed you.

message 6: by Lonna (last edited Jun 07, 2017 10:48AM) (new)

Lonna Cottrell-Thompson | 3 comments I have a humorous memoir that needs a look over. Please.

message 7: by Elina (new)

Elina Vale (elinavale) | 57 comments I have a YA fantasy book that needs special care.

It's ready – or as good as I can make it. I would love if you'd like to look at it. Tell me where the story isn't working, are the characters lacking something, are there some huge plotholes or what parts need to be tossed away...

The whole thing is 100k. I'll send you some email and you can check it out if it's something you'd be interested in. :)

message 8: by Angel (last edited Jun 07, 2017 05:53PM) (new)

Angel | 722 comments Hi, C.L. I'm a way outside of the box type of person so... But I'll give it a try. I can send it to you today, but let me look it over again before I do. It's been edited. But my writing style tends to change throughout a story, which is the oddity of my unique writing style. My writing as well as my characters get weirder and more quirky as I write. Compared to any of my other upcoming books this might be one of the less weird. My plots have weird twists and several as well as several intricate plot twists. My manuscript is complete. It's multiracial, multicultural, multilingual/interracial romance, mystery, thriller, suspense, psychological, dark, horror, supernatural, set in the late 1980s to 2007, settings are in Mississippi, UK, Chicago, Japan. Since editing it's 97, 693 words long/362 pages. About 227 pages have been edited out. But I'm looking to rerelease the book this month. Plot consistency, flow, pacing, audience interest are my main concerns. Thanks!

message 9: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Lynch (cllynchauthor) | 210 comments Thanks, folks, I'm looking forward to reading these! Those who haven't sent your manuscripts along, send to author at CLLYNCH dot com. And with that, I'm capping it. Looking forward to these great reads!

Angel - if you're in a rush I'll move you to the top because most of the other ones I've gotten back have been "when you can" type of submissions.

message 10: by Angel (new)

Angel | 722 comments C.L. wrote: "Thanks, folks, I'm looking forward to reading these! Those who haven't sent your manuscripts along, send to author at CLLYNCH dot com. And with that, I'm capping it. Looking forward to these great ..."

Sure that'll be great!

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread