Stephen King Fans discussion

Movies & TV shows > Opinions on The Dark Tower movie/trailer

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sohel (new)

Sohel Islam | 5 comments Okay, so I was just looking at The Dark Tower trailer. I love the casting but based on the trailer, it seems as if it's a generic action movie with bare elements of the series.
Am I the only one who is disappointed with the trailers?

message 2: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3944 comments Sohel wrote: "Okay, so I was just looking at The Dark Tower trailer. I love the casting but based on the trailer, it seems as if it's a generic action movie with bare elements of the series.
Am I the only one w..."

I wouldn't say I was completely disappointed. His recital of the litany brought me chills. Same with his loading of the guns.

message 3: by Lonne (new)

Lonne (lonnster) | 17 comments I was disappointed at first.. but I'm still way too excited for the movie. I think we'll have to wait and see

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2087 comments I thought the trailer looked good. I know it comes off as an action movie but I am hoping the movie will be more then that.

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 20 comments Kandice wrote: "I wouldn't say I was completely disappointed. His recital of the litany brought me chills. Same with his loading of the guns."

This. Those parts of the trailer were incredible and made me very, very excited.

But I do see "The Last Action Hero" all in that trailer. I'm not surprised - how do you turn a magus opus into a single movie? Plus Idris Elba can read me a To-Do list and I'd be all there for that.

message 6: by Sohel (last edited Jun 06, 2017 07:43AM) (new)

Sohel Islam | 5 comments Kandice wrote: "I wouldn't say I was completely disappointed. His recital of the litany brought me chills. Same with his loading of the guns."

I think those guns should have been bigger and I know we shouldn't judge the movie based on the trailer but I feel like that they are going to go for style over substance, focusing mostly on action and very little on charachter development

message 7: by Sohel (last edited Jun 07, 2017 02:12AM) (new)

Sohel Islam | 5 comments MrsJoseph wrote: "But I do see "The Last Action Hero" all in that trailer. I'm not surprised - how do you turn a magus opus into a single movie? Plus Idris Elba can read me a To-Do list and I'd be all there for that. "

I think they will make a sequel if this one makes enough money. Another thing that really bothered me is the depiction of the Tower. It is so much more than as described in the trailers

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 20 comments Sohel wrote: "I think they will make a sequal if this one makes enough money. Another thing that really bothered me is the depiction of the Tower. It is so much more than as described in the trailers

I was thinking they would make a sequel but...they didn't leave a lot of room for one (from what I've seen). It would have been best if they started from the beginning as the series was created but...Hollywood.

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 52 comments The rumors I had read was that this movie was meant to lead into additional movies and/or a TV series on a network like HBO or Showtime. Nothing has been confirmed that I have heard, but I'm still hopeful, as this movie only looks like it touches on a small part of the series.

message 10: by Deb (new)

Deb Storey (debstorey) | 14 comments I think a tv series would probably work very well with these books and meanwhile I am so looking forward to the movie!

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 20 comments Jessica wrote: "The rumors I had read was that this movie was meant to lead into additional movies and/or a TV series on a network like HBO or Showtime. Nothing has been confirmed that I have heard, but I'm still ..."

I would love it if this series went HBO and got the GOT treatment.

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Power (nicolepower) | 295 comments MrsJoseph wrote: I would love it if this series went HBO and got the GOT treatment..."

That would be a dream come true!

message 13: by mrbooks (new)

mrbooks | 1469 comments Yes the movie as a taster and a well rounded TV series would be fantastic. Looking forward to the movie and keeping my fingers crossed for a series.