Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 80K Romantic Suspense

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Hi fellow authors and readers!

I'm Kristin and I've just finished my first round of revisions on my novel Different Devils, with the help of some awesome beta readers. Now I'm in need of more opinions on the new version, especially regarding plot holes and pacing. I don't need a line or copy edit anymore.

Here's the blurb:

-----

If it hadn't been for that due essay, Sam would've spent her Saturday night reading, as always. But as it is she's walking the dark streets of London alone, and that bunch of ugly yobs at the corner is not going to keep her from going her way. If only she'd known they'd take a liking to her, she would've skipped her usual shortcut to the library without a second thought. But there they are, cornering her in an alley full of shadows and completely devoid of escape routes. As they grab her all Sam can do is scream and thrash. Then someone tackles both her and her offenders to the ground, and as that someone drags her along and away from that alley Sam is left wondering if her hero should be trusted at all.

But she has no choice. As she learns from her white knight Sam is in serious trouble, unable to go home without being abducted by the organised gang behind her attackers. They're on her heels now, and she can only beg one person for help: the boy in front of her who claims to have no home, no family, no money in his pockets. Nate takes her in reluctantly, giving her a place to hide while she tries to find a way back home without jeopardising her friends and family. But the more time Sam spends with him in the disused Tube station, the closer the two of them get to each other.

Sam soon finds herself digging for Nate's story. As she tries to figure out her own problems, and that strange new feeling for her white knight, she learns about the dangers and corrupt workings of the London underground society where drugs and human trafficking are second nature. Somewhere along the way Sam grows into a real street kid, and she forgets all about home as Nate becomes more to her than just her hero. But as she falls for him and his troubled past Sam finds herself deeper in the tangles of her attackers than ever before. It's her love for Nate that turns her into a fighter determined to set all the wrongs of that world right again. Little does she know how much that world outmatches her--and what she's willing to do to save Nate the way he saved her.

-----

If you're interested in reading my novel, please hit me up with a PM on here. I'll also return the favour and read something of yours, if you want me to.

Thank you! :)

Kristin

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Bringing this post up from the depths of this forum because I'm looking for betas again. :D

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen I'm looking for more betas now!

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark Morey | 15 comments Kristin,
I have sent you a message and I look forward to reading your draft.

message 5: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (alexistaylor) | 0 comments Hi Kristin,
I just sent you a PM. Please let me know.
Thanks.

message 6: by Ninna (new)

Ninna | 6 comments I'd love to beta read for you and help in any way I can!
Ninna

message 7: by Kristen (new)

Kristen I'm looking for one or two more betas for this novel at the moment, so please, message me if you're interested.