The Novella Club discussion

A place for authors > small publishing company looking for submissions

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steve (new)

Steve Howard | 7 comments These guys are accepting submissions for novellas until 12/2017. They published my novella.

urbanfarmhousepress.com

message 2: by Ivan (new)

Ivan | 2166 comments Mod
I have one - but I'm really protective of it (me). It's like a child.

message 3: by Steve (new)

Steve Howard | 7 comments Hi Ivan, did you mean you have a publisher? Or that you self-published? I have some short story collections I've self-published.

message 4: by Ivan (new)

Ivan | 2166 comments Mod
Steve wrote: "Hi Ivan, did you mean you have a publisher? Or that you self-published? I have some short story collections I've self-published."

I've written a book - it is not published.

message 5: by Steve (new)

Steve Howard | 7 comments Oh, I understand. It's always hard to send your kids out into the world, lol. Well, if you decide you want to submit it Urbanfarmhouse is a pretty good publisher to work with.

message 6: by Aly (new)

Aly | 2 comments Steve, was it an easy process to apply for publication with them? Did it cost anything to apply? Do they prefer new authors or authors with previous published experience?

message 7: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn McBride (carolynmcbride) | 1 comments Any publisher worth their salt will not charge an author to look at a manuscript doesn't matter where they're based, or the size of their catalogue. Think about it, if the publishing company charges to LOOK at a manuscript, are they going to charge you for editing services and cover art and marketing packages?

My advice is to self-publish before you give any publishing company your hard-earned money!