This topic is about The Demon King
The Demon King-Cinda Williams Chima

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josh (new)

Josh McBain | 10 comments Two Fates Collided
The Demon King- Cinda Williams Chima
Reviewed By: Josh McBain

The two main characters in the book are Han or Hunts alone and Raisa. Han is a 16-year-old ex-streetlord in the slums of the biggest city in the seven realms, Fellsmarch. Han just wants a normal life for him and his family, Raisa is the princess of the fells and wants to be a good queen. The book is about how their lives unfold over the next couple months, and how their lives become entwined. The big conflict in the book is that the wizards can’t rule the fells and the current queen is being influenced by the wizard to break the agreement between the fells, the wizard council, and the clans. The clans are the native people who despise the wizards and think that they should just go away.
I really enjoyed this book, even though the book was very obviously more of the first chapter of this series, it was an into book and it was written very well. I couldn’t put the book down it was excellent the character development, the plot, both was impeccable, from how well thought out the whole universe is, to how the two characters meet it was really well thought out and planned. The book isn’t hard to read but some parts are confusing because the author references things that have happened before which people can forget so I had to go back and read it a couple times and think back to what has happened before. This is defiantly one of the best books I have ever read, you should really check it out.

message 2: by Damian (new)

Damian | 9 comments I've never really been interested in fantasy books, except for The Hobbit or Lord of the Rings. But this book sounds good, I might try it.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Daniels | 5 comments this sounds very interesting, I might have to look at it. there seems to be a lot of rub offs do they end up all linking together well?

message 4: by Tylor (new)

Tylor | 6 comments this sounds like it would be fun to read since there wizards and princess and queens ill have to give it a try.