SQHS Sci-Fi/Fantasy 2017 discussion

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
This topic is about I Am Number Four
I Am Number Four

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell | 9 comments Aliens, superpowers, and a plot to take over earth!

I Am Number Four - Pitticus Lore
Review by Mitchell Orloff

This is the first book of this series, however that doesn’t mean there will be any shortage of action. Protagonist, John Smith is an alien from the planet Lorien. Him and his cepan, Henry, are on the run on Earth, trying to stay alive while they are being pursued by a genocidal race of aliens called Mogadorians. The duo’s travels end them up in a little old town called Paradise all the way in Ohio. Here John sticks out like a sore thumb in the small community, which makes him a target for a bully football player, but also causes him to catch the eye of a girl. Here in Paradise, Henry is able to teach John more about where he comes from and what exactly the point of them being on Earth was. Unfortunately, the good doesn’t last. The mogadorians eventually start to draw closer causing Henry and John to have to focus on making the right decisions in order to remain undetected.

This book was a really fun read due to the coming to age aspect that is put into the novel. I grew close to John as the story progressed due to the fact that I was in his shoes in school just a few years ago. This made it extremely easy to become wrapped up in the story and hard to put the book down. I also thought that all of the character interactions were very smooth and helped the story flow along.I thought the pace was fine for the most part but there were definitely a few slower parts which were just a minor nuisance in my opinion. Regardless, I would definitely recommend this to anyone!

message 2: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Madera | 9 comments This Seems like a very interesting book! I'm curious to see the why John and Henry are on the run. Are there other planets other than earth in this book and can they travel to those other planets? I'm going to have to check this book out!

Samuel Moore | 8 comments Having read this before, I completely agree. I thought the concept behind the book was really interesting and I am glad that he has written more in the series. I definitely recommend reading the other books in the series as they just add to the story.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Neyens | 7 comments This sounds like a very fun read! I'm curious to see how the theme coming of age is incorporated into the book.

message 5: by Crystal (new)

Crystal Garcia | 8 comments This book sounds very interesting . I would like to know why Henry and john are on the run. I believe there is a movie about this , I'm not truly sure. I'll have to check this book out.

message 6: by Dixon (new)

Dixon Livingston | 9 comments sound like a good story with lots of ups and downs I might have to read it

message 7: by Tylor (new)

Tylor | 6 comments its sound like a good summer book to get into and maybe get inspired to go and do something adventuress. whys hennery and john on the run!?