Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Flame of Sevenwaters (Sevenwaters, #6)
This topic is about Flame of Sevenwaters
Sevenwaters > #6 Flame of Sevenwaters-First Impressions (no spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
It's our final Sevenwaters book! Ive been just devouring these, so Im almost sad to see it is ending!

What do you think?

message 2: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathi | 820 comments Mod
I have finished it & will save my comments, but my impression as I was reading it was that it was somehow different from the others. Less focused on the family as a whole and mostly about Maeve & Finbar.

Katy (kathy_h) | 143 comments I've also finished. I will say that I have loved this series.

Anna (vegfic) I'll be starting this tomorrow if I can. It's possible I won't get to it before the weekend, but I expect to read it this week anyway. Having just finished the previous book I'm expecting to hate everything about it.

message 5: by Anna (last edited Jun 17, 2017 01:30AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna (vegfic) I read the first chapter on Tuesday, but then I didn't have time to continue until today (Saturday). I've read chapters 1-5. Did anyone else read Twixt Firelight and Water between books 5 and 6? I did and it looks like there's at least a few mentions in book 6 which make way more sense if you've read the novelette.

So far I'm enjoying this one. I was actually very sad to hear the news from Sevenwaters. I didn't think I cared so much. So I got to thinking about the whole series. I actually really like this family, and I like the premise, I just get frustrated with some of the ridiculousness and there's a bit too much romance and too little magic for my personal taste. Also it always takes way too long to get to the point, and while the journey could be enjoyable, it isn't because everything is too obvious to the reader.

Is there going to be a spoilery thread soon?

Oh and another thing. I've been dreading reading Maeve's book, because in book 3 when she was hurt it just made me so angry. The whole thing with Fainne and the family not talking about anything and thus causing so much harm to everyone just made my blood boil. I didn't even realize (or remember?) until I started this book how badly Maeve was hurt. So it's heartbreaking to read her story, but I like how it's being handled so far.

message 6: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathi | 820 comments Mod
Anna wrote: "I read the first chapter on Tuesday, but then I didn't have time to continue until today (Saturday). I've read chapters 1-5. Did anyone else read Twixt Firelight and Water between b..."

I did not read the novelette, but would like to. Is it available as an eBook?

message 7: by Anna (last edited Jun 17, 2017 09:29AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna (vegfic) Yes, it's available on Kindle and general ebook.

message 8: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathi | 820 comments Mod
Anna wrote: "Yes, it's available on Kindle and general ebook."

Thanks.