#AYEARATHON discussion

June 2017 - Catch Up/Finish > Update On Reading Progress - Day's 1 & 2

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2018 comments Mod
Hello, Guy's!

How's your reading going? Are you reading a book with a Character your age or just Finishing/Catching up on a series? Or both or Neither? Let me know :)

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 14 comments Just finishing/ catching up Beaty for Ashes and hope to get a lot done in the Left Behind Series

message 3: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 402 comments Catching up on series with The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan
So far four chapters in (still unpacking the flat)
Starting a new series with The Magicians (The Magicians #1) by Lev Grossman
and Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1) by John Allison + Giant Days, Vol. 2 (Giant Days, #2) by John Allison
Hoping to do a few chapters in A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) by George R.R. Martin or maybe Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling

message 4: by Areeba (new)

Areeba books and kids  | 34 comments just started the last book in The Shades of Magic series. really excited about this, was waiting for this challenge to pick it up.
and thats all I'm reading, but seeing that its 600+ pas, its gonna be like reading two whole novels.
A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 142 comments Day 1:

Currently Reading: Nine, Ten ... Never sleep again (Rebekka Franck, #5) by Willow Rose

TBR: Eleven, Twelve ... Dig and Delve (Rebekka Franck #6) by Willow Rose Thirteen, Fourteen ... Little Boy Unseen (Rebekka Franck Book 7) by Willow Rose

Finished: Seven, Eight...Gonna Stay Up Late (Rebekka Franck, #4) by Willow Rose

Total Pages: 339

message 6: by ke-sha (new)

Day 1 for me I finshed Rereading The Naturals (The Naturals, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes so now I can finally read the sequels!!!

message 7: by ke-sha (new)

BlurryBug wrote: "Catching up on series with The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan
So far four chapters in (still unpacking the flat)
Starting a new series with The Magicians (The Magicians #1) by Lev Grossman
and [bookcover:Gia..."

Grr Packing and Unpacking not one my favorite pastimes. I admire people who start unpacking right away I swear whenever I move a few months past and there still a few boxes waiting to be unpacked Lol

Hope you enjoy reading all your books ;)

message 8: by ke-sha (new)

Kimberly wrote: "Day 1:

Currently Reading: Nine, Ten ... Never sleep again (Rebekka Franck, #5) by Willow Rose

TBR: Eleven, Twelve ... Dig and Delve (Rebekka Franck #6) by Willow Rose [bookcover:Thirteen, Fourteen ... Little Boy Unseen|24903..."

So what do you think about that series? I was just looking at her books and was wondering if they're as creepy as they sound?

Happy Reading :)

message 9: by ke-sha (new)

Areeba wrote: "just started the last book in The Shades of Magic series. really excited about this, was waiting for this challenge to pick it up.
and thats all I'm reading, but seeing that its 600+ pas, its gonn..."

Hope you enjoy the book and it ends well! I've had the first book sitting on my shelf forever and now that all of them are out I'm hoping to pick it up before the end of year :)

Happy Reading :)

message 10: by ke-sha (new)

Nicole wrote: "Just finishing/ catching up Beaty for Ashes and hope to get a lot done in the Left Behind Series"

Aww I was never much interested in the Left Behind Series Adult Version but I remeber reading most of the Left Behind Kid Version series and being enthralled!!!

Hope you enjoy your books, Happy Reading :)

message 11: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 402 comments Finished up 96 pages of Beautiful Creatures yesterday managed to read 88 pages into The Sea of Monsters and finished Giant Days, Vol. 1
Not too shabby for day 1.
Hoping to get a huge chunk of Sea of Monsters read today

message 12: by Sofie (new)

Sofie | 26 comments I finished reading Queen of Babble In the Big City and started reading (what I think is) the last one in the series Queen of Babble Gets Hitched. So I´m finishing up a series.

message 13: by Shay (last edited Jun 08, 2017 12:28PM) (new)

Shay | 14 comments Currently Reading: Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer

Day 1: Read 440 pages to finish Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer ; Read 21 pages in Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer
Day 2: 100 pages in Bird Box by Josh Malerman

message 14: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 142 comments ke-sha wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Day 1:

TBR: Eleven, Twelve ... Dig and Delve (Rebekka Franck #6) by Willow Rose [bookcover:Thirteen, Fourteen ... Little..."

I really enjoyed the first 2 books. the 3rd book involved a cult (not my thing) but was still enjoyable. the one i yesterday was good. and i finished one day i liked. so i would say defiantly worth checking out and i think for the most part they are pretty cheap on amazon.

message 15: by Clara (new)

Clara | 26 comments I finished Ruin and Rising today and began A Conjuring of Light. I hope I can finish it within the week, even though it's huge!

message 16: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne I started and finished City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare for 385 pages

Pages read day 1: 385
Total pages read: 385
Total books finished: 1

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare

message 17: by Aryka (new)

Aryka | 52 comments Day 1: Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird, #2) by Claudia Gray
Read and finished for a total of 432 pages

Currently reading : Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2) by Amie Kaufman

message 18: by Areeba (new)

Areeba books and kids  | 34 comments ke-sha wrote: "Areeba wrote: "just started the last book in The Shades of Magic series. really excited about this, was waiting for this challenge to pick it up.
and thats all I'm reading, but seeing that its 600..."

thanks. its a fun series,

message 19: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne I started and finished my second book on audiobook

Pages read day 2: 453
Total pages read: 838
Total books finished: 2

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare

message 20: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 142 comments Day 2:
Currently Reading: Eleven, Twelve ... Dig and Delve (Rebekka Franck #6) by Willow Rose

TBR: Thirteen, Fourteen ... Little Boy Unseen (Rebekka Franck Book 7) by Willow Rose

Finished: Seven, Eight...Gonna Stay Up Late (Rebekka Franck, #4) by Willow Rose Nine, Ten ... Never sleep again (Rebekka Franck, #5) by Willow Rose

Total Pages Read: 638

message 21: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 402 comments Day 2
Finished: The Sea of Monsters
Started:The Magicians (203 pages in)

Total pages read for day 1 + 2: 822

message 22: by Aryka (new)

Aryka | 52 comments Day 2: Started Gemina and read 205 pages

So now my total is : 637 pages read , the book is so good, I don't want to stop reading

message 23: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 104 comments Day 1 & Day 2 Update: I'am on page 214 of Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han . I'm really liking it but it's also not my favorite from this series. It doesn't top To All the Boys I've Loved Before.

message 24: by Maija (new)

Maija (maijavi) | 180 comments Day 1 & 2
I spent the first two days finishing other books - On the Edge of Gone for #ScifiSummerJune readathon, and a Finnish comic called Voro – kolmen kuninkaan aarre that needed to go back to the library on Tuesday. Now I can start on my series reads!

Read:
On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis Voro – kolmen kuninkaan aarre by Janne Kukkonen

message 25: by Vivian (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 117 comments As always, I'm already deviating from my TBR!
I started reading Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo (which was on my TBR), but I'm also reading Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School, #2) by Gail Carriger (which wasn't on my TBR). I'm around 25% into Curtsies and 15% into Six of Crows! I'll probably spend the next couple of days reading these two!
I'm hoping to start Shadows, Maps, and Other Ancient Magic (The Dowser #4) by Meghan Ciana Doidge , Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo and A Million Worlds with You (Firebird, #3) by Claudia Gray by Friday!

message 26: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 239 comments So for day one I read Coin Heist by Elisa Ludwig because I had started reading it on Sunday and wanted to finish it. Then I started on The Vile Village (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #7) by Lemony Snicket and because life was crazy I got to 65% finished by the end of day 2.