The Blo/No Literary Alliance discussion

Gentleman in Moscow > (9) Book Simularities?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenichenny) | 61 comments Mod
Have you read much of his other works?

I found both of his novels to be very similar. Both have this mix of high society posh life. Almost, to make the reader envious but then it's stripped away.

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Bloch | 26 comments I haven't. I put Rules of Civility on my "to read" list, but since I just started War and Peace it will be awhile before I get to it. I don't read much fiction - I'm more of a non-fiction reader.

message 3: by Jen (new)

Sharon wrote: "I haven't. I put Rules of Civility on my "to read" list, but since I just started War and Peace it will be awhile before I get to it. I don't read much fiction - I'm more of a non-fiction reader."

I would say of the two Rules of Civility was my favorite. It has this underlying Gatsby vibe.

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Bloch | 26 comments I'll have to read it. After War and Peace I will be ready for something less Russian.

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Bloch | 26 comments It's also a very interesting period of time.

message 6: by Jen (new)

Sharon wrote: "It's also a very interesting period of time."

Yeah I read that right after reading The Spy, which is about Mata Hari. So all three of these have been the same time period but all three take place on different continents. Very interesting to see the different perspectives!