The Blo/No Literary Alliance discussion

Gentleman in Moscow > (6) The Count's Relationships

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenichenny) | 61 comments Mod
The Count’s life under house arrest is greatly influenced by his relationship with four women: Nina, Marina, Anna, and Sofia. What is the nature of the Count’s relationship with each of these women? How do those relationships differ from his relationship with the members of the Triumvirate—Andrey and Emile?

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Bloch | 26 comments I thought his relationship with the Bishop was the most interesting, though I thought he was able to out maneuver the Bishop a little too easily. I wonder if someone with ties to the higher ups in the communist party would have been overcome so easily. I would think the Bishop could have made the Count's life very miserable.

message 3: by Jen (new)

Sharon wrote: "I thought his relationship with the Bishop was the most interesting, though I thought he was able to out maneuver the Bishop a little too easily. I wonder if someone with ties to the higher ups in ..."

Yeah the Bishop was someone I disliked from the very beginning ( and I think we're meant to dislike him). I think it was interesting that he gets promoted to manager and now has more authority, and now became a bigger pain in the Count's side.

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Bloch | 26 comments When I was a kid we called that "crossing guard syndrome." As soon as someone became a crossing guard they thought they were hot stuff and went from being a classmate to being an a-hole.

message 5: by Jen (new)

Sharon wrote: "When I was a kid we called that "crossing guard syndrome." As soon as someone became a crossing guard they thought they were hot stuff and went from being a classmate to being an a-hole."

haha, that's a great comparison.