This topic is about Start Again
Interviews! > J. Saman ▲ June 8th, 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Imb || The Reading Cat || | 616 comments Mod
Hello Everyone!

We are back on with the interviews!

We will be hosting the beautiful J. Saman for an interview about her book Start Again: A Novel on June 8th, 2017!

Make sure to tune in!

The interview will take place at 12:45 PM ET!

message 2: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments Thanks Cat! Very excited!!

message 3: by Sarah-Jane (new)

Sarah-Jane | 227 comments Brilliant!

message 4: by India (new) - added it

India Adams (indiaradams) | 571 comments Mod
Yay!!!!! These interviews have been such a highlight! Yay!!!! They're back!!!

message 5: by India (new) - added it

LOl!
June 8th, 20117?
Ummm, what year is that?

message 6: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments Ha! I didn't even notice that. Not sure I can make that date. ; )

No really, I can't wait!!

message 7: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh my God my rogue fingers!!!

message 8: by L.N. (last edited Jun 06, 2017 03:31PM) (new)

L.N. Denison | 125 comments I can gatecrash from San Francisco lol

message 9: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

L.N. wrote: "I can gatecrash for San Francisco lol"

EEEK YES!!

message 10: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. wrote: "Ha! I didn't even notice that. Not sure I can make that date. ; )

No really, I can't wait!!"

Me neither! Starting your book tonight!!!

message 11: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments Catherine wrote: "J. wrote: "Ha! I didn't even notice that. Not sure I can make that date. ; )

No really, I can't wait!!"

Me neither! Starting your book tonight!!!"

Awesome! I hope you enjoy it!

message 12: by T.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

T.L. Clark (tlcauthor) | 50 comments Eep! Good luck J. Have fun xx

Everyone should read this book, it's awesome. <3

I'll try to pop by when I'm awake in the morning xx
This does largely depend on the election results; I may be busy packing my suitcase to move from the UK to France tomorrow ;-)

message 13: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments T.L. wrote: "Eep! Good luck J. Have fun xx

Everyone should read this book, it's awesome. <3

I'll try to pop by when I'm awake in the morning xx
This does largely depend on the election results; I may be bus..."

Ah, thanks T.L. That means so much!!!

And yes, good luck with the election! I have a good friend in England who is watching it closely as well! XO

message 14: by India (new) - added it

Just checking in early to give warning, I am babysitting toddler twin boys, lol! They are sleeping now but if they wake, I may be running in all directions trying to keep up. It was a last minute favor for my friend in a pinch. Had them since 9. Already exhausted! lol
I hope to be here!!!!

message 15: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments India R. Adams wrote: "Just checking in early to give warning, I am babysitting toddler twin boys, lol! They are sleeping now but if they wake, I may be running in all directions trying to keep up. It was a last minute f..."

No worries India! I totally get it. I'm actually about to put my toddler down for a nap *fingers crossed* she sleeps. Twin boys will keep you running ; )

message 16: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hi everyone,

Please welcome J. to our humble abode!

Im 92% done Start Again and I LOVE IT!

message 17: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments Hi Everyone!!

Yay! I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying it

message 18: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments I guess this means I shouldn't talk about the ending then ; )

message 19: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Okay so first off, did someone inspire Katie's character? She's probably one of my all time favourite leads! Her humour is great!

message 20: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments Not really to be honest. The story originally came from a dream I had and Kate sort of grew from there. She was so much fun to write.

message 21: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

NO ENDING *BLOCKS EARS* LALALA

message 22: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments LOL!!

Kate was important for me to get right. I wanted her to be sweet and fun and have a bit of a sassy side to her. But her vulnerability and heart break had be authentic despite the other side of her.

message 23: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

THATS AMAZING! Can she be my BFF? We have similar personalities haha

message 24: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments I know. I love Kate. In fact, she's one of the reasons I continued the series. I loved writing about her and Ryan, both together and independent.

message 25: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

It's a series???? You probably made my week!!!!

The story is a difficult one to execute and you did without misstep!

message 26: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments Ah! Thanks!! That means a lot.

Yes, it's a series. The second books is Luke's story and the third is Claire's (not out yet). Honestly, I wasn't planning on making it into a series, but people kept asking me for Luke's story and it grew from there.

I had a lot more trouble writing Luke's story than any other I've done. In fact I wrote 2 other versions! Claire's sort of flowed much the way Kate's did

message 27: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

LUKE's story!!!! Im so excited!!

Did you have to do research for the nursing terminology?

message 28: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ohhh also, you mentioned you were inspired by a dream. Did the story change as you were writing it? Or was it exactly the same as your dream?

message 29: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments No. I'm a nurse practitioner and before that I worked as a nurse so I'm very familiar with everything that Kate did in the park and everything that happened with her daughter.

In fact, in most of my books there is some sort of medical component. Usually I have to scale back certain things so I don't sound too technical and bore people to tears. ; )

They always tell you to write what you know and sometimes I follow that and sometimes I don't. I've had to do a lot of research into other things.

Like the road trip they went on. I've been to a lot of the places they visited, but not all and some not for many years. That made some of it more difficult to work. It also made it fun because it felt like a challenge.

message 30: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments Catherine wrote: "Ohhh also, you mentioned you were inspired by a dream. Did the story change as you were writing it? Or was it exactly the same as your dream?"

The beginning began with my dream. If I recall, the gist was about a woman who loses her family, feels lost and then goes on a road trip to get away. I had recently watched something with a road trip in it and I think that brought it on.

The rest sort of materialized as I wrote it. For this book I didn't do an outline or really plot too much ahead other than a vague sense of how I wanted it to end.

message 31: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Thats great! Do any of your nursing experiences i spire events in your books?

And lol, I like the jargon ;)

message 32: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments Catherine wrote: "Thats great! Do any of your nursing experiences i spire events in your books?

And lol, I like the jargon ;)"

Yes, most definitely! In a different book, Forward, a lot of that is taken from nursing experience. At least the hospital medical stuff ; )

In Start Again, the park scene where the guy is having a heart attack really did happen to me. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time or right place at the right time depending on how you view it. It was scary because I was a very new nurse when it happened and it's something that always stayed with me. So I wrote it.

I wanted to link Kate back to the fact that she was a nurse and had a career and a life. That she had passions and things that she was good at.

message 33: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Thats amazing that you helped someone like that! Im a trained lifeguard so I could torally relate to the stress of that scene

message 34: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments Catherine wrote: "Thats amazing that you helped someone like that! Im a trained lifeguard so I could torally relate to the stress of that scene"

Yeah, I think I just about peed my pants. LOL! No seriously. I had a very large drink after that.

message 35: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Right? Once I had to treat a seizure! It was my first situation ever and I freaked a little! It was super scary!

message 36: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments Catherine wrote: "Right? Once I had to treat a seizure! It was my first situation ever and I freaked a little! It was super scary!"

I don't blame you! That's about as scary as it gets. And when I was in the park and that happened, it was actually in Central Park and a ton of people were standing around and watching and not helping. It made it so much worse. I was so not as cool or collected as Kate was

message 37: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neither was I! Oh goodness nursing must be real stressful!

message 38: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alrighty! My lunch break is over! It was great having you J.! :D thank you so much for this interview!

message 39: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments I work out patient as a nurse practitioner now and I only do that per diem so it's very different for me now.

It gives me more time to write and be with my girls so I'm a happy camper
description

message 40: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments Catherine wrote: "Alrighty! My lunch break is over! It was great having you J.! :D thank you so much for this interview!"

Thanks so much Cat!! I really appreciate it! This was a lot of fun!! XOXO

message 41: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

YESSS <3 XOXOXO

message 42: by India (new) - added it

What a great interview! And now I am doing to read the book! Cat, you gave a huge compliment with loving the lead character so much. That is so cool!

J, I can't believe your experience with the man having a heart attack! I would've needed a strong drink, too, lol!
Thank you SO MUCH for doing this interview. I wish I could've been here but the boys woke in a mood that rattled hell. Their mama said it's been going on for a month! Whooee... :)

message 43: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments India R. Adams wrote: "What a great interview! And now I am doing to read the book! Cat, you gave a huge compliment with loving the lead character so much. That is so cool!

J, I can't believe your experience with the ma..."

No worries! I totally get it. I have 3 little ones myself.

Yeah, the heart attack in the park definitely drove me to drink. LOL.

Thank you again for hosting me. I had a lot of fun!! XOXO

message 44: by T.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

T.L. Clark (tlcauthor) | 50 comments Ah, I thought that scene was very realistic. Reading your books, I just knew you had medical knowledge (and no, not in a boring way). It's awesome you can use that.

Sorry I'm very late to the party.
Yeah, the UK was sort of in chaos the tail end of last week, and we're still trying to figure out what the hell went on, and what's going to happen next. Interesting times!? :-/

You writing your next book at the moment?

message 45: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments T.L. wrote: "Ah, I thought that scene was very realistic. Reading your books, I just knew you had medical knowledge (and no, not in a boring way). It's awesome you can use that.

Sorry I'm very late to the par..."

No worries T.L. I know it's a mess there. I've been talking to my friend who sent me some fun graphics that I won't share because they're political. Hope you all get sorted out there.

I'm glad you like the medical stuff!

My next book is already written and waiting. It's the 3rd in the Start Again series (start With Me). It's Claire story. I'm releasing it this fall/winter. No idea when yet though and Love Rewritten actually releases today, which is sort of exciting!

message 46: by India (new) - added it

The next book in the series releases today? Wow! Be sure to post the link here!!!!!

message 47: by kerrycat (new)

kerrycat (catfriends) A friend of mine keeps telling me to read Love Rewritten (and I think she just finished it!) - she says it is a good fit for Jamie McGuire fans (which we are). So I'm definitely adding it to my TBR list!

message 48: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

*Cyber-runs to Amazon*
*Trips over feet because of excitement*
*Gets back up and keeps running whilst screaming : HERE I COME!!!*
*Pants and feels accomplished once book is in basket*

message 49: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments kerrycat wrote: "A friend of mine keeps telling me to read Love Rewritten (and I think she just finished it!) - she says it is a good fit for Jamie McGuire fans (which we are). So I'm definitely adding it to my TBR..."

Wow!! I can't even describe the happy smile that just spread across my face at that!!!

Thank you ladies! Yes, Love Rewritten released on 6/12! Very excited. It's not the next in the series. It's a standalone. The next in the series will release in October I think.
Love Rewritten Love Rewritten by J. Saman

message 50: by J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J. Saman | 29 comments Catherine wrote: "*Cyber-runs to Amazon*
*Trips over feet because of excitement*
*Gets back up and keeps running whilst screaming : HERE I COME!!!*
*Pants and feels accomplished once book is in basket*"

You freaking crack me up!!! LOL!

« previous 1

EMPOWERING PERFECT IMPERFECTIONS... with INDIA

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Start Again (other topics)