YOUNG ADULT BOOKWORMS ツ discussion

Stand Alones > Carry On

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments for that of you who don't know carry on is a spin-off sorry if thing of fangirl (BUT YOU COMPLETELY DON'T NEED TO READ FANGIRL FIRST) Spoilers are completely allowed because snowbaz exists and I just need to find someone who understands. and chapter 61. that two. this book killed me.

message 2: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments sorry, typos exist. blah.

message 3: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments Legit why did anyone ship Simon and Agatha in the first place?????

message 4: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments I know. just why? I've forced a out four of my friends to read I and when one of them we
was reading it at the start I was talking about it and the fanfiction (without giving anything away since she hadn't gotten up to the baz confessing his love part) and she said that the only fanfic she could find was snowbaz and SHE DIDNT THIBK THEY WOULD GO WELL TOGETHER. I ligit wanted to scream at her how wrong she was. thankfully now she has learn from.her mistakes

message 5: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments One of my friends absolutely DETEST Carry On, because to him it's just a Drarry (Draco and Harry) fanfic and I'm just like "NO IT'S NOT! THIS IS CLEARLY SNOWBAZ!"
He's never brought it up since...

message 6: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments all my friends don't understand that it supposed to be a fanficish thing because rainbow Rowell is a genius. and they're all like you have a problem HP is abetter and they all physically moan whenever I mention it but THY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND!

message 7: by Sagittarius (last edited Jun 23, 2017 05:38PM) (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments Can we be friends? 'Cause I'm hardcore relating to you right now.

And what I hate is when people call Carry On a rip-offf and I just think "NO IT'S NOT! IT'S A PRECIOUS CINNAMON ROLL THAT IS TOO PURE FOR THIS WORLD!!!"

message 8: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments yes. I the relating is mutual

message 9: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments have you read fangirl? I read it before carry on and I respect Cath so much more now

message 10: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments Yeah, I've read Fangirl a couple hundred times. I think it was my first contemporary YA novel...

message 11: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments wow. that's commitment. I've only read it on and a half times but. carry on I've read about three times in half a year

message 12: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments I ligit made a record clock of the carry on cover. it's fabulous.

message 13: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments If you had to choose, would you save Baz or Simon in a fire?

message 14: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments what? that is so not fair! I mean. if I was to save either of them without the other they would be so heartbroken! but if you were to take away that element, I think Baz bc sarcasm. what about you?

message 15: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments I'd save Simon, because he'd have Baz in his arms anyways...

message 16: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments yas. great loophole

message 17: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments I know....
I'm awesome :)))
Lol, no.

message 18: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments very important question: what's your opinion on Agatha?

message 19: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments I don't really know. Her character is (in my opinion) more rife with more "human" characteristics. I feel she's a bit of a coward sometimes, but other times I feel like I agree with her. Sometimes, I feel she is just a plot device though, I don't really know why...

message 20: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments a lot of m friends who read it hated her, but I kinda get the whole not wanting to be someone's happy ending and was getting to be normal, but soon book bless she's just vain. like 'Baz looks at me a lot, especially when I'm with Simon' look for the songs woman! he doesn't love you! he loves SIMON! and they need to be happy together forever because they don't deserve to suffer from any of the worlds evils.

message 21: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments wow then typos though

message 22: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments Baz is just the best though. the snarkiness and the sarcasm and he's just so freaking in love!

message 23: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments Baz reminds me of a friend of mine...
She honestly is a Baz reincarnate.

message 24: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments sounds like a pretty darn good friend if you ask me (which you didn't)

message 25: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments but is your friend a vampire? Dun dun DUN

message 26: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments She hates going outside, and has an obssession with balsamic vinegar chips...

message 27: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments OMG the conspiracy is real

message 28: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments Lol, yes!

What about you? Do you have any Baz-esque friends?

message 29: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments one of my friends who actually like Snowbaz almost much as I do think that I am a female Baz. especially when I have my hair in a high ponytail (coz widows peak) and I'm also really pale and speak fluent sarcasm so maybe I'M Baz. (though salt and vinegar chips aren't my favorite. BBQ all the way)

message 30: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments I feel like half my comments are just rambles and then you're like 'yeah...'

message 31: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments It's overwhelming how much you love Carry On. It's honestly astounding!

message 32: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments I seriously drive my friends mad talking about it. I think I'm just really committed to fangirling. I'm not just gonna like this book, it's gonna become a precious piece of me that I won't let anyone hurt

message 33: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments I feel like I literally birthed Simon, Baz and Penelope, so I feel like I run around trying to protect my lil cinnamon rolls.

message 34: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments as disturbing at that sounds, I relate.

message 35: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments No wonder people think fangirls are criminally insane...
They just don't get it, you know! :)
(Now I DO sound criminally insane. I swear I'm not a psychopath.)

message 36: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments lol. I honestly think that people look at me funny when I care more about fictional characters than real people

message 37: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments I know right! I mean, I'd rather hangout/date somebody from a book, than most people I know in real life.

message 38: by Ashley (new)

Ashley YES!!! Finally someone who understands!

message 39: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments HEyyyyyyy! Welcome to the "Carry On" section of Young Adult Bookworms where (so far) only Alia and I have actually posted something!!

WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

message 40: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Well, it was my pleasure :) .

message 41: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments Do you ship Snowbaz?

message 42: by Ashley (new)

Ashley From which book?

message 43: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Sorry, I couldn't follow the conversation :)

message 44: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments Snowbaz, from Carry On.

message 45: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments what else? and welcome to the amazing, cruelly ignored fandom of awesomeness!!!!!!

message 46: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments (we have sour cherry scones)

message 47: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments and butter by the spoon...

message 48: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments ...and salt and vinegar crisps.

message 49: by Alia (new)

Alia (alia_gf) | 65 comments I've just hardcore read chapter 61 to the end of the book five times over. (I have a life... totally)

message 50: by Sagittarius (new)

Sagittarius Scholar | 29 comments GAHD SAAAMMMMEEEE

« previous 1