Wicked the Musical Lovers!! discussion

Musicals > Wicked

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Wicked. The music is amazing. I was on the edge of my seat when I went to see it performed at a professional theatre. It was an experience that I will never forget...

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Lucky. I never saw it. But I know some songs on the Sax, I have like all the music memorized, and I WOULD read the book, but Erin said she wished she didn't have to read it for school and won't let ME borrow it. Sigh.

message 3: by Zunpip (new)

Zunpip I saw the musical for my birthday, with my best friends, it was really great! I had started to read the book when I was smaller but didn't finish it... Any way I thought it really explained the whole Wizard of Oz, plus it was really funny like the part where Gilnda, is that who you spell her name?, was all like "Their just shoes!!!"

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Emily♫ wrote: "Lucky. I never saw it. But I know some songs on the Sax, I have like all the music memorized, and I WOULD read the book, but Erin said she wished she didn't have to read it for school and won't let..."

The book is actually not as exciting as the show. I got it for christmas and I just could not get into it.

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments LUCKY!!!!!!!! I REALLY want to see it. Ask Megan. She will tell you that I am obsessed.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

She is definitely obsessed. All I can say, Emily, is that I wish I knew you more in October because we had an extra ticket to the show. Bryan couldn't go. So, I'm sorry!

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Ah. no way. YOU ARE A TOTAL LOSER! Y ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS NOW??? jk.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know. It came to my mind....lol

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I went to see WICKED about two years ago in Chicago at the Orential Theater with my choir,it was awesome!
Last Christmas I got the orginal script from New York signed by Kristin Chenoweth.
So I have learned alot of the lines and have the CD.
I wanted to read the book, but my parents wont allow me to. But I hope to see it again on Broadway sometime soon.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I know every word to every song!

message 11: by Zunpip (new)

Zunpip Coolio!

message 12: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Gabrielle wrote: "I went to see WICKED about two years ago in Chicago at the Orential Theater with my choir,it was awesome!
Last Christmas I got the orginal script from New York signed by Kristin Chenoweth.
So I h..."

OMGOSH! U ARE SO KIDDING! I LOOOOOOOVE HER!!! OH. My.Gosh. I am SO jealous!

message 13: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Megan wrote: "I know every word to every song!"

me too.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel are my favorites, I think its beacause they were the orginals.
I also like Megan Hily,Shoshanna Bean and from Australia I like Lucy Durack and Amanda Harrison.
Who are your favorites?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the ones who did the performance at the play I went to. I don't know their names, but they were good. I like Idina...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I know this topic is not exactly Wicked, but it sorta relates.lol
Have any of you read Kristin Chenoweth's new book,
A Little Bit WICKED:Life,Love and Faith in Stages?
I have gotten the book, and can't wait to start reading it, she talks about being adopted,growing up singing, and being on Broadway...that includes pictures of her in WICKED!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Heather, I would totally have to agree withn you that the orginals are the best and I also sorta got a bad vibe from Annaleigh Ashford, but I would have to say that basically anyone who is in WICKED have to be good at something.lol

message 18: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Idina is awesome. I've got songs by both Idina and Kristin on my ipod

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I WANT THE BOOK!!!!!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I just found out that my school is getting a new choir teacher and he is really into musicals and might even take us to new york or chicago and see WICKED, and get us backstage.
I'M SO EXCITED!
I just wish we could see Idina and Kristin.
Do you know whos currently playing in the New York or Chicago WICKED's.
Thanks!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I am super jealous! I want to see it! Next year our chorus is going to New York and we might see a production. I don't know what show it is though...

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

When you find out what production your seeing, please let me know Megan.

I was wondering when you think of wicked...whats the first song that pops into your mind?
This goes for everyone.

message 23: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Ah! I'm SO envious! I went to see Cats at the Fox, but taht's it...

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Gabrielle wrote: "When you find out what production your seeing, please let me know Megan.

I was wondering when you think of wicked...whats the first song that pops into your mind?
This goes for everyone."

Defyning Gravity. It isn't my favorite out of them all, but that's what I think of. It's the best somg performed live.

My favorite is No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorite is No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Have you heard the orginal lyrics to the song...it makes the song a little more revealing.
If you havent heard it I can send you the lyrics and video of the song.
I have it on my ipod.
One of my favorite songs, but not the only one is As Long As You're Mine...sung by anyone from WICKED.
Whether is Norbert and Idina or Taye and Idina.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love to hear it! I also love As long As your mine. I wish that I oculd sing it...

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Well...right now it's kind late, but I will get you the song.
I do have the lyrics they are...

Unlimited
The damage is unlimited
To everyone I've tried to help
Or tried to love
And, oh, Fiyero, you're the latest
Victim of my greatest achievement
In a long career of distress
Every time I could, I tried making good
And what I made was a mess!

Destructiveness
To excess
All right, yes --
you could call it limitless...

These were the original chants for No Good Deed:

AD NAY PRAE TUM ISTER
FAH TUM AN TAY DAYCULUM
AD NAY PRAE TUM ISTER
FAH TUM AN TAY DAYCULUM...

ELEKA NAHMEN NAHMEN
AH TUM AH TUM ELEKAH NAHMEN
ELEKA NAHMEN NAHMEN
AT TUM AH TUM ELEKA... ELEKA...

*I will get the video tomorrow.*

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks! That's really cool. XD

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Here is a video of Idina Menxel singing No Good Deed with different lyrics.
You might have to turn up the volume to hear it, but it is. Comment on what you think of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIRPm2...

message 30: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Hey. I'm so tired. OMG, my friend and I are going to sing For Good and dedicate it to the graduating 8th grade in our talent show this year.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

AWESOME! when is that? I want to go!!!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Let me know how it goes...
what school do you go to?

message 33: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Uh... Idk to Megan.

SJNRCS

message 34: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments I was sick with the flu all the way from Wednesday to Saturday adn I STILL have a cough, but NO FEVER! YAY!!!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so excited me and my friends are going to see WICKED on Tuesday the 13th in Ohio.
The only problem is that I wont get home till after 2 in the morning...and I have school the next day.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I went to see Wicked in Ohio on Tuesday and it was awesome. I dont have my playbill with me at the moment, but I will get back with you guys on who the cast was. I just watched Kristin Chenoweth's last performance on youtube, at least the ending and I cried when she said "I would like to try and help, I'd like to be Glinda...the good." And when Kristin and Idina sang the For Good ending I cried even more.
I also watched Idina Menzel's last performance and although it was kinda hard to hear what they were saying it mad me cry just knowing it would be her last show. And when the Glinda said "Fellow Ozians... I love Idina Menzel!" I started to laugh.
Well I'm off to see the Wizard...haha, no I'm going to do my homework.lol