Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) Illuminae discussion

The Illuminae Files--With Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beela (new)

Beela (a Suriel) I wanted to create a thread about the Illuminae Files for anyone who wants to talk about it! Please post your thoughts and questions!

Celthy Hi! I read Illuminae last year and I absolutely loved it. I'm planning on rereading it before I start with Gemina. I thought it was funny with the right amount of action and mystery. And the ending! Wow!
But I have to mention James. James! Aw, he was so cute and funny! He was not one of the most important characters, but still.. All the characters were cool. I really liked Ezra, Kady and even AIDAN.
It was the best science fiction I've ever read (I will definitely start reading more science fiction if I find more books like Illuminae).

message 3: by Beela (new)

Beela (a Suriel) You haven't read Gemina yet!! Go!! Read it!! :)

I think that ADIAN was my favorite character. He was so human even though he's not.

I don't like science fiction at all. Then I found this series and it's absolutely amazing!

What did you think about the space zombies? Scary, cool?

Carolyn Yes Celthy, go read Gemina. It is just as wonderful.

James? I can't recall James?

AIDAN is my new love. Why do I fall for broken males? Ha!

This is such a wonderful adventure. I love the Battlestar Galactica moments and I loved the space zombies or are they "zombies in space"?

message 5: by Beela (new)

Beela (a Suriel) Maybe zombies in space? :)

Annalisa97 One of my favourate series :)
I loved the characters (evolution of AIDAN was so good) and the way the story was told.
And I agree, what happened to James broke my heart, he was such a nice character.
I love that we got to see from so many perspectives and really get a feel for what is happening on board.

I have read Gemina, I really liked it too.
I knew going into it that the main foucus would be on other characters and I had accepthed that and was excited to give them a chance but I couldn't escape thinking that the new characters weren't as good as the old ones at first but they grew on me :)

Now I'm so excited for the next, and I tink, last book.
And I love the last sentence in Gemina (don't think it spoils anything) :
"You wanna know how it ends?"
I just like screamed at my book "YES" in responce.

Sorry for my rant, I'm done now :)

Carolyn OMG James! McNulty! I cried, which was weird because I listening to audio crying on my way into the office. Not fun to explain to your coworkers why one is crying over a book character.

The last sentences in these books are awesome!

Annalisa97 This discussion made me want to pick up my copy of Illuminae and skim over few pages. While doing that I noticed a foreshadowing that I hadn't noticed before.
On page 33 Ezra sends Kady an email telling her about a dream he had,

"It was the day of the attack, and I see you in your truck in the parking lot. .... And then you drive off and leave me there. Wierd thing is, there's someone who looks exactly like me sitting right next to you the whole time. And he's laughing. And then the ships come"

I't's totally a foreshadow for when AIDAN fakes to be Ezra right?
Just found this cool and wanted to leave it here :)

Carolyn I had not thought of the foreshadowing. I feel like I may go back before the third one is released to pick on the clues.

message 10: by Beela (new)

Beela (a Suriel) Carolyn wrote: "OMG James! McNulty! I cried, which was weird because I listening to audio crying on my way into the office. Not fun to explain to your coworkers why one is crying over a book character.

The last s..."

Yes!! When he died I cried! I felt so betrayed by the leaders of the ship

message 11: by Beela (new)

Beela (a Suriel) Annalisa97 wrote: "This discussion made me want to pick up my copy of Illuminae and skim over few pages. While doing that I noticed a foreshadowing that I hadn't noticed before.
On page 33 Ezra sends Kady an email te..."

OOO!! That is a great find! I totally think that that is foreshadowing for AIDAN!

message 12: by Beela (new)

Beela (a Suriel) Okay, I create a group if ya'll want to join
my link text