The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Greetings from Pasadena

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haris (new)

Haris | 18 comments I'm a long time fan of mysteries and thrillers. I do believe Raymond Chandler had some influence on me moving to Southern California from Chicago. I'm a big fan of hard-boiled mysteries and love novels James Lee Burke, Michael Connelly, Robert Parker, Dashiell Hammet, Walter Mosely, Richard Morgan, Elmore Leonard, Don Winslow, . But also appreciate mysterious and thrillers with humor, like those by Carl Hiaasson and Lawrence Shames. I'm always looking for new writers and new series and I'm hoping this is the place to find them. I'm also a video game writer and developer who has worked on quite a few AAA games.

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1530 comments Welcome Haris

message 3: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8964 comments Mod
Welcome to the group! I'm a huge Chandler fan.

message 4: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Welcome.

message 5: by Bill (new)

Bill Welcome to the group, Haris. I've just begun to check out Chandler's works.

message 6: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments We must be on the same page, Bill.

message 7: by Bill (new)

Bill Page 32?... ;)

message 8: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments :))

message 9: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (officerripley) Welcome!

message 10: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Kulshreshth | 27 comments Welcome, Haris!

I am about to finish the first book in the Bernie Gunther series--I am guessing you will like it.

message 11: by Haris (new)

Haris | 18 comments I'm already a fan of the Bernie Gunther series. An amazing setting and great characters.

message 12: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments I will have to check it out, and thanks.

message 13: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Have you read anything by William Kent Krueger or Sue Grafton?