Monster/Creature Book Club discussion

Getting things started.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Syrina (last edited Jun 04, 2017 11:40AM) (new)

Syrina Jones (beanicorn) | 1 comments Mod
Obviously there is nothing going on at the moment. I literally just made this group a few minutes ago, and I am sure you've noticed that there are no members to speak of, or posts to read... well besides this one. Anyhoo, I am slowly but surely getting things started here. If you're interested in being a Moderator an "active" moderator mind you, then please send me a msg or reply to this post. I will probably eventually delete this post as things start to pick up. For regular members as well, please feel free to post what you like related to Monsters/Creatures. I will add some off-topic discussions soon. Thank you :) - Sincerely your friendly neighbor Admin. (Please call me Beanie)

message 2: by Lee (new)

Lee Hall | 1 comments Hello Beanie

In my search for other like minded book people I found my way to your group.

My name is Lee Hall, I am an indie author of two books and I am also a big fan of monster/ creature features. Whether it be dinosaurs in the Jurassic franchise or the Xenomorph from Alien these stories have always captivated me and hence inspired me to write my own stories following a similar formula.

Some of my favorite books include The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle (the original prehistoric monster book), Prey by Michael Crichton (a futuristic take on a biologically created creature/swarm) and Salem's Lot by Stephen King.

I am also a big fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer which see's a different creature or 'big bad' in nearly every episode.

Looking forward to seeing your group grow!

Lee

message 3: by ✨Yvette✨ (new)

✨Yvette✨ Hello! Trying to find a buddy to read Stephen kings it!
This will be my first time. Any takers?

message 4: by Russ (new)

Russ Meidinger | 1 comments Hi everyone. I just recently made an account and saw this group which I am interested in. I LOVE monster films/novels. I have not yet read many monster novels. The only one which would apply would be Stephen King's IT which I loved and would recommend. It is very creepy and wonderfully written.

My favorite monster movies would be:
Jeepers Creepers (love this movie)
The Funhouse (a great Tobe Hooper film)
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre (another great Tobe Hooper film)
Altered (a great film, not well known)
Exists (my favorite sasquatch film)

message 5: by Julian (new)

Julian Carver (julianmichaelcarver) | 1 comments Hey everyone!

I joined this group because I am a creature horror/sci fi novelist. I write exclusively monster stories! If anyone wanted to peruse my page, I currently have two adult novels released through creature horror publisher Severed Press.

1) Triassic - a time travel sci-fi story where a group of galactic marines are thrown into the Triassic period and hunted down by dinosaurs. I am currently editing the sequel for Triassic as we speak.

2) Megacroc - If you love Lake Placid or Blood Surf, my novel Megacroc is for you. The story takes place in present day Florida, focusing on the Everglades. When a flurry of strange animal attacks occur, local authorities begin to speculate a primordial creature may be responsible.

Best of all, both are available to read FOR FREE with kindle unlimited. I would appreciate anyone who reads and reviews the books on both Amazon and Goodreads.

As far as books I would recommend, besides my own, I LOVE STEVE ALTEN'S MEG SERIES! The books are great deep-sea horror.

Best,

- Amazon Bestselling Author Julian Michael Carver

message 6: by Damian (new)

Damian Dawes | 1 comments Hi everyone. A quick question. Is this group still alive, up and running, still kicking? Would be good if it still is, as such a fantastic topic.