Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Still Recuperating...

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenni Elyse (last edited Jun 04, 2017 11:28AM) (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments Hi everyone! Long time no interact with. ;) I'm still recuperating from my surgeries. Let me just say this: the hysterectomy was a cake walk compared to the tonsillectomy. I'm still dealing with pain from the tonsillectomy and it has been almost three weeks. :/ Right now, I'm wondering why I decided to go through with this surgery. Hopefully, once I've completely healed and I reap the benefits, I'll feel differently, lol.

I haven't hardly read a thing since I've been recuperating. I just haven't felt like it, partly because I've been stoned from the meds and because I'd just rather sit and watch TV/movies right now. I've basically given up on accomplishing my Goodreads goal this year. Oh well.

Some good news, though, is that I FINALLY won my first Goodreads giveaway! And, it's the book I wanted the most! I won Kristin Cashore's new book Jane, Unlimited. I'm so excited. Maybe, it will make me want to read to again once it gets here.

How is everyone else? I hope y'all are doing great and having fun with PBT.

message 2: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8129 comments Congrats on the book win! But, sorry the tonsillectomy has been so hard on you. I hope you're feeling better soon (and up to do some reading again!).

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8299 comments So glad you "piped" up. I have been wondering how you are faring. Sorry the tonsillectomy part has been tough. You however seem to be in good spirits. I hope you have enjoyed some good tv and films. Congrats on the giveaway - you deserve the special win.

message 4: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5645 comments Thanks for checking in, Jenni ... Sorry the tonsillectomy has been so rough.

message 5: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4916 comments Hope you feel better soon!

message 6: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7717 comments So good to hear from you!! I hope you are fully up to speed soon...we miss you around here! And congrats on the book win :)

message 7: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments Glad to hear from you and hope the recovery goes better from now on.

Congrats on winning the book. IT was all the rage at book expo this year and had one of the longest lines to meet the author and get the book.

message 8: by Jennifer P. (new)

Jennifer P. Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments I hope you feel better soon. I wish I'd had my tonsils out as a kid. I've heard it's a cake walk for kids but horrible for adults. So strange! I hope you've seen some good TV at least.

message 9: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6928 comments Congratulations on the book win! I am not happy about how you are feeling, but based on all that I've heard over the years from people, you are having a normal experience. I do hope that once you recover you reap the benefits of having it done :).

message 10: by Denizen (last edited Jun 05, 2017 09:49AM) (new)

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments Glad to hear you're doing better and wishing you continued healing! I'll be watching to see what you think of your book.

message 11: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Hope you feel better soon!! It's a lot for your body to deal with so just take your time !!

At least you had some good news and something that will jumpstart your reading once you're ready!!

message 12: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2090 comments It's so nice to hear from you. Sorry that your healing is taking longer than expected. That book win might just be the start of brighter days!

message 13: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments Thanks, everyone! I do see a light at the end of the tunnel now so that's something. It's still just a ways off.

message 14: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery Jenni. It is nice to hear from you and I hope you've been watching some great TV. We are powering through House of Cards at the moment.

message 15: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments Good to hear from you! I totally agree, when I had my wisdom teeth out last year all I could do was bingewatch tv because books were too hard to concentrate on!

This month's tag is perfect for you too if you are able to get a book in!

message 16: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5517 comments Hope you are feeling better soon.

message 17: by Kimber (new)

Kimber (kimberwolf) | 824 comments Good to hear from you Jenni. Rest up and feel better soon!

message 18: by Marina (new)

Marina (sonnenbarke) Jenni, take care. I hope the pain will go away soon. Don't be upset about not being able to read as you'd like to, you have plenty of time to go back to reading once you feel better.

message 19: by Olivermagnus (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 1954 comments Hope you feel better soon, Jenni

message 20: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments Again, thank you, everyone!

This week has been better. My doctor approved one more week off from work, which makes me feel a lot better. I've been venturing out of the house a little more so I can work up to being gone for work all week in a week and a half.

message 21: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6299 comments So great to hear from you, Jenni. I'm sorry your throat is so sore, but it sounds like you are well on the road to recovery. Big hugs to you! The reading will always be here. Take care of yourself before you have to go back to work.