Romance Writers & Readers discussion

Group Promo Events > SIZZLING SUMMER READS Facebook event of Awesomeness

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (last edited Jun 04, 2017 04:27PM) (new)

Ember-Raine Winters (ember-raine_winters) | 688 comments Mod
We have decided for Sizzling Summer Reads to have a super awesome facebook event in our brand new facebook group! You can find the new Love Indie Romance Group here! https://www.facebook.com/groups/LoveI...
We are opening up takeover spots for all of our wonderful authors!
The rules from this group apply to the facebook group as well. Please remember to be kind and curteous to others and lets have fun!
EDIT: We will be opening up submissions to other Romance Authors on June 12th so in order to get the time you want please be sure to sign-up by June 11th!

message 2: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (last edited Jun 18, 2017 12:15PM) (new)

Takeover schedule for July 1st All times are in EST! More Time slots can be made available if the need arises!
12:00- Lady Ember
12:30- Cecily Wolfe
1:00- Kristina Beck
1:30- Lynzie Allen
2:00-
2:30- Barb Miller
3:00-
3:30-
4:00-Amanda Siegrist
4:30-
5:00- Mistress Ann
5:30-
6:00- Alicia M. Peek
6:30-
7:00-
7:30- Brooke O'Brien
8:00- Jessica Jesinghaus
8:30- Paige Fieldsted
9:00-
9:30- Stacey Johnston
10:00- Princess Jane

message 3: by Alyne (new)

Alyne Hart | 109 comments I can do one if something comes available after 10 pm. Saturdays are a work day for me :/

message 4: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Boo for work days lol! As people sign up we may add slots to Sunday too so we will let you know Miss Alyne!! Thanks so much!!

message 5: by Alyne (new)

Alyne Hart | 109 comments Perfect, I am off on Sundays ♥

message 6: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Just FYI to anyone that reads this! We are going to be opening this up to other authors as well but our group gets first pick of times so pick your times quickly!! We want other authors and their readers to join us! Maximum exposure and all that lol!

message 7: by Cecily (new)

Cecily Wolfe Can I have 12:30?

message 8: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Sure thing Miss Cecily!!

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) Lovely idea! I'll take 3:30 please:)

message 10: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Awesome! And thank you!!

message 11: by Kristina (new)

Kristina Beck (kristina_beck) | 72 comments This is a stupid question. When you say 12:00 you mean 12:00pm?

If yes, I will take 1pm.

message 12: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Yes it's noon eastern time! And thank you Miss Kristina!!!

message 13: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe So excited about our new Facebook group, and our event, and our takeovers, sooooo much excitement!!

message 14: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Yay!! Me too Princess! So excited!!

message 15: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Here is some more information It is posted in comment 1 above but just in case! We will be opening up submissions to other Romance Authors on June 12th so in order to get the time you want please be sure to sign-up by June 11th!

message 16: by Kate (new)

Kate Forest | 26 comments I'm so bummed I'll be away for this. Do you only do it for summer?

message 17: by Carol (new)

Carol Devine | 6 comments Please explain what you mean by a takeover and how long it would last for each author??

message 18: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Nope! We do it a couple times a year! There will be more fun to come!!

message 19: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

A takeover is where an author takes over a site for a small amount of time! Authors in this particular event will have 30 minute time slots this is a time to showcase your books do little giveaways or games!

message 20: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Ember wrote: "Yay!! Me too Princess! So excited!!"

I almost can't contain my excitement!!

message 21: by Mary Ellen (new)

Mary Ellen Woods (maryellen_woods) | 163 comments Give aways or games...like? I've never done one of these.

message 22: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 2365 comments Mod
@Miss Mary: Giveaways like books or gift cards. Games like "This or That" or "Finish this sentence".

@Lady Ember: Thank you so much for putting this bugger together!

*sloppy kisses*

message 23: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Princess Jane! Me either it's sooo far away! I want it to be right now! Lol!
@Miss Mary takeovers are a super fun way to interact with readers! I usually give away a couple e-copies of my books little small gift cards or a book from any author up to a certain price. Readers love that!

We have some readers in the group already cuz even before Princess Jane posted to the group Facebook page some of my lovely readers asked to join! Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come! (Apparently I have some cyber stalkers lol but I love them so it's good! Hahaha!)

And Mistress Ann you don't have to thank me! I am happy to do it! ❤️️❤️️❤️️

message 24: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Ember wrote: "Princess Jane! Me either it's sooo far away! I want it to be right now! Lol!
@Miss Mary takeovers are a super fun way to interact with readers! I usually give away a couple e-copies of my books lit..."

Aww, I love your awesome readers!

message 25: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Me too! They are amazing!! But you already know that lol!!

message 26: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Hey everyone! Just a reminder that we still have a bunch of takeover slots available for the Facebook event! If you want a time slot please comment! We will be opening it up to other romance authors on the 12th in order to fill the spaces and bring in new readers! The times are going to fill up fast after that!

A note on Pen names if your Facebook profile is your actual name you can always say you are a PA for your pen name that way people still won't know who you are and anyone who is not in the group cannot see your posts anyway because it is a closed group! Only members can see posts!

If you don't know how to do a Takeover please don't let it stop you. You can always reach out to one of the mods and ask for advice! I would be happy to give you a breakdown on what I do so you can utilize your time!

message 27: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Lady Ember is an expert at takeover so she will have lots of great advice for anyone who wants to join in but hasn't done a takeover before and isn't sure what to do!

message 28: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Awww thanks Princess!! I would love to help anyone who doesn't feel comfortable or who is unsure of what to do!

message 29: by Eva (new)

Eva King | 19 comments Just joined the group, woop woop!!

message 30: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Jesinghaus (jessjesinghhaus) | 37 comments May I have the 8:00pm slot? That's 5:00 here on the West Coast, right? Blame the ridiculous query on zero coffee... need my zombie water!

message 31: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Hi Eva! Glad to have you in the new group!
Miss Jess yes ma'am! And yay!! Another west coaster!!!

message 32: by Bree (new)

Bree Verity (breeverity) Hello! The FB takeover is open to all and sundry now, right?

message 33: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Bree wrote: "Hello! The FB takeover is open to all and sundry now, right?"

Yes! Let Lady Ember know what time you would like and she will add you into the list!

message 34: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Siegrist (amandasiegrist) FYI...Ember changed me to 4, just not on this list yet. Super excited!

message 35: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Lol! @Amanda! Yes I knew I was forgetting something hahaha!

@Bree yes ma'am all romance authors are welcome!!

message 36: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Clark (tlcauthor) | 527 comments I just posted a quickie for y'all on my fb (therefore also on Twitter).
I will do so again Sat.

Good luck everyone.
xx

message 37: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Thank you Miss TL!!

Who's excited?!?! It's almost here!! Woot woot!!

message 38: by Mary Ellen (new)

Mary Ellen Woods (maryellen_woods) | 163 comments Ok somehow I missed this. Are we only doing the FB event on Saturday? I am not going to be home from 2 pm on so I can't take any of the available slots. *sigh* Sorry. I will promote otherwise.

message 39: by J. (new)

J. Saman | 320 comments My fellow lady loves, during the event, are we chatting here or on the promo's link?
And did I mention... I'm so EXCITED!

description

message 40: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 2365 comments Mod
OMG, Miss J...

Clearly, missed this haha! We can use the promo thread, even though we've all seemed to hang out on FB for the takeovers today. Tomorrow, we'll be back in the promo thread XP

***mwahhh***