Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta Reader Available

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Unitika (new)

Unitika Schlawenger (unitika_schlawenger) | 2 comments Hi,

I have always enjoyed reading, and alongside being an avid reader, I have found that in comparision to others, I also read at a really meta-rate although I've never really been the one to skip parts.
Since Summer 2017 has started, I have been able to already complete many books, with a day also seeing more than one book completed.
Recently I was reminded of my own desire to also beta-read - so here I've found plenty of others like me offering the help and also authors who are willing to chose them.

That said, yes, personally I've never beta-red before, but I am willing and eager to help you.
For further questions or more details about myself, we can surely get in touch.

Thank you.

- Unitika

message 2: by J. (new)

J. A. | 17 comments Hello,

I have a sci-fic/action novel that I am looking for beta readers for! It is called "We Are Bent" and in a nutshell is about heroes and villains. If you are interested, please feel free to email me at jaandersonbuisness@gmail.com

Thanks!
J. A. Anderson

message 3: by Kerrie (new)

Kerrie Noor | 2 comments Unitika wrote: "Hi,

I have always enjoyed reading, and alongside being an avid reader, I have found that in comparision to others, I also read at a really meta-rate although I've never really been the one to skip..."

HI Unitika
I am looking for a beta reader I am working on a romantic comedy I have two book already pubished and working on the third, if you are interested let me know you would be my first beta reader
regards Kerrie Noor

message 4: by Ray (new)

Ray J. | 6 comments Hi!
My name is Ray and I'm writing a contemporary science fiction/thriller novel which I'd really appreciate if you could beta-read. This is my first endeavor at writing a full-length novel, I'm up to 36k words (6 chapters) and I'm really itching for some feedback from an experienced reader. To put it in a nutshell, the book is about a new, revolutionary scientific invention. It's full of suspense and intrigue. If you're interested, you or anyone else visiting this page can contact me at giggleatafuneral99@gmail.com.

message 5: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 30 comments Hi

I was wondering if you'd be interested in beta reading my novel? I know you have not necessarily asked for children's books, but am hoping you might not mind the fact this book will be targeted at children. See the blurb below and please let me know either way.

Name: Natalia
Genre: Children's Urban Fantasy (ages 9-12)
Length: approx 40,000 words
Short blurb:
The Puddle People and the Wetlands of the West
Living in parks across Great Britain are a tiny species of people who rely on the nutrients and minerals in puddles to survive. The story begins during an unusually hot summer in London, when a thirteen-year-old Puddle Person, Lily, her nine-year-old brother Rowan, her pregnant mother and her straight-laced father embark on an epic and dangerous journey to seek out the fabled Wetlands of the West. Because of their minute size, they are forced to overcome huge obstacles as they make their way across London to the train station that takes them out to the West.

What I am looking for:
Where your interest lags in the story; which characters you don't like; if the dialogue sounds natural; if any of the language is too old for the readers (or if not, too patronising); and any other comments/criticisms you may have. (Also any positive feedback would be gratefully received too!)

A month or so to review/write notes would be perfect, but I am not in any rush if you don't have enough time to do it straight away.

Thanks so much for considering it.

Natalia

message 6: by Unitika (new)

Unitika Schlawenger (unitika_schlawenger) | 2 comments To everyone directed here,
I am currently unable to continue any beta reading because my medical condition does not allow me the time or energy.
I will be happy to inform you when and if I could return to take in beta reading requests.
Apologies and best wishes,

Unitika

message 7: by Hanna (last edited Jul 05, 2017 03:37AM) (new)

Hanna Louise (hannalouisetea) | 1 comments Natalia wrote: "Hi

I was wondering if you'd be interested in beta reading my novel? I know you have not necessarily asked for children's books, but am hoping you might not mind the fact this book will be targete..."

Hello,
My name is Hanna. I love children's books and would love to read your novel and answer your questions.
I don't read really fast but I still can read a book in a few days :)

Here is my email if you want any further information:
hannalouise.music@gmail.com

Hanna

message 8: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 30 comments Thank you Hannah - I have just emailed you!

Natalia