Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Seeking 3rd Person PNR.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Shiel | 1 comments I have been reading adult PNR books since I was about 13/14.

My first book was Kresley Cole's immortals after dark series, and that set the bar really.

It was well written,
third person,
witty,
long,
mostly about the adventures.

Of a werewolf and a vampire-halfling, but it wasn't cheesey like the new books you read today. She had released only two of the books then and I've been with her ever since (think its book 18 now).
This put me on the path of:
J R Ward (warrior beast vampires),
GAAIKEN (Dragon Shifters)/Shelly Laurenston(Predator Shifters and crow-norse mythology) and just too many to count.

I'd love to find similar work like theirs, if anyone has any ideas that would be fantastic.

message 2: by Loriidae (new)

Loriidae I have enjoyed the first two books in Isabel Jordan's Harper Hall series. A wonderful scarred hero. The first is Semi-Charmed (Harper Hall Investigations, #1) by Isabel Jordan

message 3: by Treena (new)

Treena (treenao) | 90 comments Have you tried Ilona Andrews's stuff? Her Kate Daniels series is kickass (shifters, vampires). First book is Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

message 4: by Keira (new)

Keira Blackwood (keira_blackwood) | 3 comments Loriidae wrote: "I have enjoyed the first two books in Isabel Jordan's Harper Hall series. A wonderful scarred hero. The first is Semi-Charmed (Harper Hall Investigations, #1) by Isabel Jordan"

I've only read book one so far, but enjoyed it.

message 5: by Joel (new)

Joel Crofoot | 18 comments Charlene Hartnady and Alisa Woods are good 3rd person PNR.

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary | 6 comments OMG, YES to the Harper Hall Investigations series!! Loved it. So funny. I think the books after the first one just get better and better.

Semi-Charmed (Harper Hall Investigations, #1) by Isabel Jordan Semi-Human (Harper Hall Investigations, #2) by Isabel Jordan Semi-Twisted (Harper Hall Investigations, Book 3) by Isabel Jordan Semi-Broken (Harper Hall Investigations, #4) by Isabel Jordan

message 7: by Neely (new)

Neely Powell (goodreadscomneelypowell) | 9 comments Patricia Briggs
Mercy Thompson series
Alpha and Omega series
These books are amazing!

message 8: by Romance (new)

Romance Rehab | 14 comments Keira wrote: "Loriidae wrote: "I have enjoyed the first two books in Isabel Jordan's Harper Hall series. A wonderful scarred hero. The first is Semi-Charmed (Harper Hall Investigations, #1) by Isabel Jordan"

I've only read book one so far,..."

Oh my God, yes, you HAVE to read the other books in the series. They get better after the first one:

Semi-Human (Harper Hall Investigations, #2) by Isabel Jordan Semi-Twisted (Harper Hall Investigations, Book 3) by Isabel Jordan Semi-Broken (Harper Hall Investigations, #4) by Isabel Jordan

message 9: by svnshowers (new)

svnshowers | 1 comments Definitely second the Kate Daniels and Mercedes Thompson series recommendations! For sure some of my favorite series, ever. If you like Ilona Andrews, their series The Edge is great, as well as Hidden Legacy.
Whenever I'm re-reading my PNR favs, Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series always goes hand-in-hand with the Immortals After Dark series. First book is Slave to Sensation
On that note, Singh's Guild Hunters series is also super fun! Begins with Angels' Blood
Running with the dragon/shifter theme, there's also Thea Harrison's Elder Races series, beginning with Dragon Bound
Finally (less on the PNR side, at least explicitly; there's still a lot of romance), Kim Harrison's series The Hollows is some of the best and wittiest action/adventure fantasy I've read. First book is Dead Witch Walking

message 10: by Aniketa (new)

Aniketa | 22 comments Svnhowers wrote some of my top choices.
I'd add :
The Falconer-victorian era and faes
Feral Sins - shifter pack
Born of Night -space ambientation
and her (S. Kenyon) other series - Greek gods (kinda)
The Scribe - I can't define it but it's a good story.
Chained by Night- vampires
Here Be Sexist Vampires- vampires with humor similar to Laurenston