Parents find Children's books and Authors discussion

Welcome! > Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sojourner (last edited Jun 03, 2017 11:41PM) (new)

Sojourner McConnell (SojournerMcConnell) | 19 comments Mod
Tell us about you! Are you a children's book author, a parent looking for books for your children, or a combination of both? Maybe you are a grandparent that loves to read with your grandchildren. Are you an avid children's book reader? Share with us why you are here. Don't forget to invite your children's books authors and readers to contribute.

message 2: by Anushka (new)

Anushka | 14 comments I am Anushka and I read in class viii and as I just entered the teen-age (13 days ago) I still love children's book and obviously following children's books author 😄😄😄

message 3: by Sojourner (new)

I am Sojourner McConnell. I am a writer that has recently (Friday) published my first children's book. I am already deep in research for the second in the series. I have always loved children's books and that has not decreased with age. I am a grandmother and I love reading along with my grandchildren.

message 4: by Sojourner (new)

Happy belated birthday! So glad you chose to join the group and I hope you meet a lot of other readers and authors. Anushka wrote: "I am Anushka and I read in class viii and as I just entered the teen-age (13 days ago) I still love children's book and obviously following children's books author 😄😄😄"

message 5: by Anushka (new)

Anushka | 14 comments Thank You .
I want to read your first book .Please help me by giving some important information .

message 6: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 11 comments What information? I can send you the link. It is available on KU and its title is Who's That in the Cat Pajamas? It is about a magical cat that comes to help a child that is sad because of a decision her parents made. Dolcey assists Emily in making some decisions about her future. Who's That in the Cat Pajamas? I would invite you to follow me so that you can see all the updates and new releases. Sojourner McConnell :) I would love to know more of your favorite childhood books to add them to the shelf for others.

Anushka wrote: "Thank You .
I want to read your first book .Please help me by giving some important information ."

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 11 comments I am Vicki and I write as Sojourner McConnell. I have already told about my grandchildren and my love of reading and writing. Sometimes I get confused as to which account I am on. :)

message 8: by Anushka (new)

Anushka | 14 comments Thanks for your information .I will surely try to read it .
I am a big fan of Harry Potter's series .I also love fairy tales like :- Cinderella , Alladin , Snow white , Little Mermaid

message 9: by Anushka (new)

Anushka | 14 comments Do you love fairy tales ?

message 10: by Sojourner (new)

I sure do! They are what make reading fun! My book is a little younger than Harry Potter probably. I had a reader of 12 that liked it though. Anushka wrote: "Do you love fairy tales ?"

message 11: by Anushka (new)

Anushka | 14 comments Oh I I just now saw that your granddaughter is also of 13 , means same age as me !

message 12: by Anushka (new)

Anushka | 14 comments So what was her reaction ? 😊😊

message 13: by Sojourner (new)

I have 13 grandchildren. I do have one that is 13 and one that is 12,
8. 7, 6, 1, 2, 16, and grandsons that are 16,15,14, 10, and 4.
lol Busy time during birthday months.
Anushka wrote: "Oh I I just now saw that your granddaughter is also of 13 , means same age as me !"

message 14: by Sojourner (new)

She asked me to send her a signed copy. She was my reader before I published. She loved it and said that she wants to read the next one too. She went on Instagram and said she read a great book. That made me so thrilled. She was my first child reader.
Anushka wrote: "So what was her reaction ? 😊😊"

message 15: by Anushka (new)

Anushka | 14 comments Oh ! Sorry I misunderstood . Happy Family

message 16: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Baldwin (goodreadscomdeborah_baldwin) | 1 comments Hello group! I am an author of middle grade fiction. My first book is Bumbling Bea and available through the usual channels. Also, I am a mother of two grown daughters, both avid readers and a first time grandma to our sweet grand daughter who is 9 months and raring to crawl and walk!

message 17: by Anushka (new)

Anushka | 14 comments So sweet ! She must be very cute .

message 18: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 11 comments welcome to the group :) Let's make sure to add Bumbling Bea to the bookshelf! Your granddaughter will be so thrilled to have a grandmama that writes children's books!!

Deborah wrote: "Hello group! I am an author of middle grade fiction. My first book is Bumbling Bea and available through the usual channels. Also, I am a mother of two grown daughters, both avid readers and a firs..."

message 19: by M.E. (last edited Jun 04, 2017 03:02PM) (new)

M.E. Hembroff (mhembroff) | 1 comments Hello, I am Marjorie Hembroff. I am an author of children's book. My author name is M. E. Hembroff.
I have written two books that are published Bess's Magical Garden and picture book Gramma Mouse Tells a Story. I am almost finished The Mystery of The Hidden Cabin, which is a sequel to Bess's Magical Garden which will be out later this fall.
I also like reading children's books. I am a mother and grandmother.
My books can be found on amazon www.amazon.com/author/mehembroff

message 20: by Margaret (last edited Jun 04, 2017 03:55PM) (new)

Margaret Welwood (goodreadscomuser_margaretwelwood) | 1 comments Hello, parents, children, writers and book reviewers! I'm am all four, and a grandmother as well. I write picture books with positive characters and happily ever after endings. They also answer questions:
Scissortown --What happens when the Slicers and Dicers invade the neatest and tidiest town anywhere, causing the people to hide all their cutting tools? And then what happens when nobody can cut anything at all?
Marie and Mr. Bee --What happens when a not-so-busy bee entices a little girl to neglect her work?
Little Bunny's Own Storybook --What does a library-loving rabbit do when his favorite place closes for inventory?
Tommy, Tina and Katie Kat, noble heroes of Scissortown; Marie and Mr. Bee; and Little Bunny are all happy to answer your questions about their adventures. They invite you to visit Margaret Welwood's Amazon Author page here:
https://www.amazon.com/Margaret-Welwo...

message 21: by Wanda (new)

Wanda Luthman (wandaluthman) | 2 comments Hi everyone! I'm a children's author and have published 4 books so far--3 chapter books for 3/4th graders and a picture book for 0-5 year olds. I'm also a Guidance Counselor so I weave positive social/emotional messages into my stories--such as forgiveness, perseverance, and self-acceptance.

message 22: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vickigoodwin) | 11 comments Great having you with us!! Let's add your books to the shelf.

Margaret wrote: "Hello, parents, children, writers and book reviewers! I'm am all four, and a grandmother as well. I write picture books with positive characters and happily ever after endings. They also answer que..."

message 23: by GaryT1965 (new)

GaryT1965 | 1 comments Hi everyone, I'm Gary.

I live in Glendale Queens, New York.

I'm a big fan of very funny children's books. :-)

Farty Marty - A Heartwarming Tale of Farts and Friendship (Justin Johnson Short Story Series 7) by Justin Johnson The Adventures of Reginald Stinkbottom (Funny Picture Books for 3-7 Year Olds) by Sophia J. Ferguson The Day My Fart Followed Me To the Dentist by Ben Jackson