Howard County Library discussion

Good bio/history of Gary Gygax and D&D

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (last edited Jun 03, 2017 02:25PM) (new)

Joseph R. (zombieparent) | 3 comments I just finished this graphic novel about Gary Gygax, one of the co-creators of Dungeons and Dragons. It is well written-it covers Gygax's life as he is the creator and champion for D&D, showing the good, the bad, and the ugly of the game's history. The book covers the controversial issues in the 1980s and the impact of the game on roll playing, board gaming, and computer gaming. It's an interesting and quick read that I recommend.

Rise of the Dungeon Master written by David Kushner and Koren Shadmi

message 2: by Rohini (new)

Rohini | 26 comments Mod
Joseph wrote: "I just finished this graphic novel about Gary Gygax, one of the co-creators of Dungeons and Dragons. It is well written-it covers Gygax's life as he is the creator and champion for D&D, showing the..."

I have limited exposure to Graphic Novels and this seems like a good book to expand my reading. Thanks Joseph!

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison Jessing (allisonjessing) | 1 comments Oh, I had not heard of this but it sounds very interesting! I do not play D&D but have always been interested in the history of the game and how it informs contemporary game design. I will add this to my reading list. Thanks for the suggestion!