Anything Legal, Legal Thrillers, Legal Mysteries and More discussion

Writer's Discussion > BOOK MARKETING - FACEBOOK

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (new)

Maria Riegger | 126 comments Mod
Share your Facebook author pages here and we will follow!

Also, has Facebook helped you in marketing/selling your books? What strategies have you used? Has it helped you expand your email list?

My FB author page is www.facebook.com/lawschoolheretic

message 2: by Connie (new)

Connie | 8 comments Facebook has been good for establishing and maintaining connections to readers. What strategies do you use? Here's the link to my page: https://www.facebook.com/thecharityth...

message 3: by Barry (last edited Jun 05, 2017 09:45PM) (new)

Barry Ozeroff | 1 comments My book has been out for a couple of weeks now. I just started a photo contest on my FB author page and other groups. The person with the most creative picture of himself featuring a copy of my book will get to name a character in the sequel (which is under contract and should be published in 2018). So far its getting likes, but no pictures yet. Anyone else try this, and if so, how did it work out?

my page is www.facebook.com/AuthorBarryOzeroff

message 4: by Steven (new)

Steven Moore Here's my FB page: www.facebook.com/authorStevenMMoore.
I've been posting there more with daily features that are too short to put on my website's blog (http://stevenmmoore.com). When my new mystery/thriller Rembrandt's Angel was published, Penmore Press convinced me to change the banner. Visits have increased with both, so the FB page is a good complement to my website. Of course, it's hard to say whether that translates into sales. ;-) Time will tell.
r/Steve Moore

message 5: by Maria (new)

Barry wrote: "My book has been out for a couple of weeks now. I just started a photo contest on my FB author page and other groups. The person with the most creative picture of himself featuring a copy of my boo..."

Barry, sounds like a great strategy! I haven't had too much luck stimulating discussion on my FB author page. I get a lot of likes, follows and some comments, but not too much interaction. I do notice that when I publish a blog post and post to FB, it gets a lot of reads/views on my blog (directed from FB). So I definitely think having the FB author page is worthwhile.

How is the photo contest doing now since it's been a couple of weeks?

message 6: by Maria (new)

Steven wrote: "Here's my FB page: www.facebook.com/authorStevenMMoore.
I've been posting there more with daily features that are too short to put on my website's blog (http://stevenmmoore.com). When my new myster..."

Congrats on all the reader interaction! Sounds like it's working out. I really like your blog format, too. I don't have to hunt for stuff :)

message 7: by Maria (new)

FYI I've followed everyone's FB author pages! Will add your books to my to-read lists :)

Keep the comments coming!

message 8: by Maria (new)

Connie wrote: "Facebook has been good for establishing and maintaining connections to readers. What strategies do you use? Here's the link to my page: https://www.facebook.com/thecharityth..."

Hi Connie,

I'm curious to know what's the best method you've found for getting readers to interact/make comments on your FB author page?

message 9: by Steven (new)

Steven Moore Thanks, Maria.
Facebook is a missed blessing. I think a lot of users get tired of the targeted ads. I promote other books on my author's page besides my own.
I'm curious about what you like on my blog--book reviews, movie reviews, articles on writing and the publishing business, my short stories...? Maybe even the op-ed articles?
Input is welcome. I mean to entertain and serve a grand diversity of readers. A lot of free stuff is available. I love to send out a quote from the list I've collected each Monday on the FB page too (some are my own inventions). I don't know if my website visitors note the quotes running across the top of each website page, mostly from famous authors. (I had N. Scott Momaday as an English prof in college.) These quotes got me started. My new book is filled with George Bernard Shaw quotes.
I love my reading and writing life right now and wouldn't change a thing. (OK, I'd like to have more readers to entertain, but one can't have everything.) And this sprawling chaos we call Goodreads, completely dedicated to readers and writers, fills an important niche in my social media activities.
Again, thanks.
r/Steve

message 10: by Maria (new)

Steven wrote: "Thanks, Maria.
Facebook is a missed blessing. I think a lot of users get tired of the targeted ads. I promote other books on my author's page besides my own.
I'm curious about what you like on my b..."

Hi Steve,

First, I love the simple layout of your blog. Everything is well organized and easily accessible. I'm easily overstimulated, and don't like it when I have to hunt to find things.

I did notice the author quotes, and really like those. Inspirational and a way to drawn in blog readers.

From a promotional standpoint, you offer readers a ton of free stuff, which is fantastic. I will soon be taking advantage of that when I'm done a few blog posts and a book review I'm working on :) A great way to draw in new readers.

You do a good job of offering info that is helpful to writers (i.e., not just promoting your books), such as your posts on the art of writing and the business of writing. You provide a list of helpful websites, etc. In my local writing/publishing group, we recently talked about blogs/promotion and I'm going to use your website as a positive example of offering helpful info beyond just book promotion. Well done there!