Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Adding a new book

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Viji (last edited Jun 03, 2017 12:21PM) (new)

Viji | 159 comments ASIN: B01D5EH3Z2

Could you pl. add the Kindle Edition of the book Indigenous People from Chile by Fresia Barrientos to the GR Book List?

I give below the details:
* Title Indigenous People from Chile
* Author(s) name(s) Fresia Barrientos (Author), Monica Cumar (Translator)
* ASIN B01D5EH3Z2
* Publisher Nativa Ediciones; 1° Edición en inglés edition (17 March 2016)
* Publication date (17 March 2016)
* Format Kindle Edition
* Description Chile is a multicultural country where the representatives of nine indigenous ethnic groups inhabiting this territory when the Spaniards arrived in the sixteenth century, live together at present. Here are also the descendants of these peoples that, for different reasons, disappeared in time. The origin of most Chileans now-a-days is the result of inter-marriage between Europeans and members of some of these aboriginal ethnic groups.
Who were, or are they? Where did they live in the past? What were they engaged in? What are their physical characteristics, or what did become of them in time? These are some of the questions related to the past and present of Chile, and which one has intended giving an answer to in this book.
Indigenous Peoples from Chile was conceived as a book of reference and difusion of the history and persistance of Chilean aboriginals, and thus each Prehispanic people is dealt with separately. Through certain questions asked by an affectionate character representing a child, there is a motivation to search for more information, recognise a geographical landmark, understand a new word and become familiar with different sources of learning: traditional dictionaries and encyclopaedias, or other diverse technological means. The full-colour illustrations correspond to places and indigenous people living now-a-days, while those in black and white are evidences reproducing scenes and personalities from the past, all of which belong to the immaterial patrimony of Chile.
Indigenous Peoples from Chile was published for the first time in Spanish in 2003 and since then has travelled a long road and in 2015 attained its fifth edition.
* Page count 213
Amazon.in link: https://www.amazon.in/Indigenous-Peop...

Could you pl. add the cover also?

Thanks.

message 2: by Cassandra (last edited Jun 03, 2017 12:32PM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Viji wrote: "ASIN: B01D5EH3Z2

Could you pl. add the Kindle Edition of the book Indigenous People from Chile by Fresia Barrientos to the GR Book List?

* Title Indigenous People from ..."

The book was already added by you here https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3..., just today. I added the cover from Amazon, but I'm not sure what you mean by adding to the GR book list.

message 3: by Viji (new)

Viji | 159 comments Cassandra wrote: "Viji wrote: "ASIN: B01D5EH3Z2

* Title Indigenous..."

I was not very sure if had successfully added the book. I only wanted the book to be added to GR - should I say library?

Thanks for the help.