Small and Independent Press Books discussion

The Collection (The DeWitt Agency Files, #1)
This topic is about The Collection
Mystery/crime fiction > The Collection, by Lance Charnes

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Werner (last edited Jun 03, 2017 07:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Werner | 248 comments I'd like to share my recommendation and high praise for this excellent work of crime fiction, The Collection, by our own Lance Charnes, an author who's worthy to be at the top of the list where gritty contemporary thrillers (and for once, I didn't put that word in quotation marks!) are concerned! My five star review is here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... .

message 2: by Lance (new) - added it

Lance Charnes (lcharnes) | 13 comments Thanks!

For more information about the DeWitt Agency series, including an art-crime bookshelf and a review of the art mentioned in The Collection , visit my website.

message 3: by Lance (new) - added it

Lance Charnes (lcharnes) | 13 comments I'm abetting the Criminal Element again, this time with an article about the most spectacular modern art forgery scandal of the last twenty years.

Between 1994 and 2008, Knoedler & Company -- the oldest art gallery in the United States -- sold for $80 million dollars forty paintings created by some of the leading lights of Abstract Expressionism (such as Jackson Pollock and Mark Rothko) to some of the big names in New York City's high-profile contemporary art scene.

Fake Pollock sold to Pierre Lagrange

One problem: all forty were painted by a 73-year-old Chinese artist working out of a garage in Queens.

Read the entire story -- and other good stuff besides -- on Criminal Element.

message 4: by Lance (last edited Nov 16, 2017 02:54PM) (new) - added it

Lance Charnes (lcharnes) | 13 comments In case you've been waiting for a sale before you buy a copy of The Collection... wait no more. The Collection e-book is $1.99 for a limited time only!

This price cut is connected with a promotion that happens on Wednesday, but it's available NOW on Amazon, B&N, iTunes and Kobo.

It's easier to start a new series at the beginning. With Stealing Ghosts (the second book in the DeWitt Agency Files series) about to drop on Friday, here's your chance to see how it all started and also save enough to get a venti instead of a grande. Go for it!

Available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes and Kobo.

The Collection (The DeWitt Agency Files, #1) by Lance Charnes

message 5: by Lance (new) - added it

Lance Charnes (lcharnes) | 13 comments That promotion I mentioned above? It's here on Kindle Nation Daily.

Just to help you decide, KND threw the first five chapters into the bulletin. That's a longer excerpt than you get through Amazon or my website.

If you haven't grabbed a copy of The Collection yet, now's the time -- it's not going to get any cheaper in the foreseeable future, and the sequel, Stealing Ghosts , releases tomorrow. So read the first five chapters -- you'll want to see what happens next.

The Collection (The DeWitt Agency Files, #1) by Lance Charnes

message 6: by Lance (new) - added it

Lance Charnes (lcharnes) | 13 comments If you're in the U.S. or Canada, you use Kobo, and you're looking to start a new mystery/crime series, here's your chance to save some money. Between now and 24 January, you can save up to 85% on the first book of hundreds of series in various genres.

It just so happens The Collection is one of them, in the "Mystery & Thrillers" category.

- For Canada, go here: https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/p/series18ca
- For the U.S., go here: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/p/startane...

Enjoy!