Books2Movies Club discussion

A Series of Unfortunate Events
This topic is about A Series of Unfortunate Events
Monthly Reads > A Series of Unfortunate Events - books and TV

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka (ztook) | 2937 comments Mod
It is a bit weird to have a cover of a 2004 movie adaptation of A Series of Unfortunate Events on our bookshelf and a trailer for 2017 TV-series adaptation on our homepage. Maybe it's better that way - we should watch both of them, and read at least three of these books (the 2004 adaptation of the series covers only the first three), to get the picture of the whole. Of course, you can read them all if you wish :)

This series was on our waiting list for a long time. Now we have a chance to read them and watch the shows together :)

message 2: by Blueberry (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) | 158 comments I'm game. Do you want to do it at any specific time or go ahead now? I just ordered the movie from my library and I have the series on Netflix. I read half of the books years ago so won't be rereading them.

message 3: by Zeljka (new)

Zeljka (ztook) | 2937 comments Mod
Blueberry wrote: "I'm game. Do you want to do it at any specific time or go ahead now? I just ordered the movie from my library and I have the series on Netflix. I read half of the books years ago so won't be reread..."

Yes of course you can go ahead now. Especially if you've already read the books! Tell us what you thought of the movie - I remember it was ok when I saw it in the cinema, but I didn't understand some things, probably because I haven't read the books yet :/

message 4: by Celia (new)

Celia Walters | 9 comments I so want to read this series! I need to start!