Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Susie's July Reads

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1411 comments A lot of so-so books this month...

The Diva Takes the Cake by Krista Davis (4.5/5)
Killer Cuts by Elaine Viets (4/5)
Key Lime Pie by Joanne Fluke (3.5/5)
Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich (4/5)
To Love and to Perish by Laura Durham (3.5/5)
The Battered Body by J.B. Stanley (5/5)
A Cook in Time by Joanne Pence (3.5/5)
Mother's Day Murder by Leslie Meier (3.5/5)
Pick Your Poison by Leann Sweeney (3.5/5)
Stamped Out by Terri Thayer (3.5/5)
First Kill All the Lawyers by Sarah Shankman (4/4)

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3343 comments I've read 6 of the books on your list! Must be that great minds thing again!! Shared your opinion on most of them.

message 3: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1411 comments Thank you Melodie :) You are always the only one who comments about my books. Sometimes I'm not sure why I even post them...mostly out of habit I guess...

Susan (twigsx4) Branch | 52 comments Susie in KS wrote: "Thank you Melodie :) You are always the only one who comments about my books. Sometimes I'm not sure why I even post them...mostly out of habit I guess..."

Don't stop Susie -- you know I have to check your list for authors I may have missed! When you read a new one, it more than likely will go on my "to try" list!
Susan in AL

message 5: by OMalleycat (new)

OMalleycat | 1061 comments Awww, Susie, I always read your lists. I read all of the lists but most of the time I have no comments to make because I'm so far behind everyone in my mystery reading.

Don't stop! I was commenting in another thread that I'm keeping my eyes peeled for recommendations on cozies that I can get my mom.

Jan O'Cat

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3131 comments JanOMalleycat wrote: "Awww, Susie, I always read your lists. I read all of the lists but most of the time I have no comments to make because I'm so far behind everyone in my mystery reading.
"

ditto that from me. i read everyone's lists but don't comment much. i love your list and melodie's- i am not a cozy fan but the titles just crack me up!

message 7: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 6957 comments JanOMalleycat wrote: "Awww, Susie, I always read your lists. I read all of the lists but most of the time I have no comments to make because I'm so far behind everyone in my mystery reading.
"

ditto that from me. i read everyone's lists but don't comment much. i love your list and melodie's- i am not a cozy fan but the titles just crack me up!..."

Let me jump on the reassurance bandwagon to say that I read everyone's lists, but don't post unless something really jumps out at me. Most of what jumps out at me is that my own monthly totals are pitiful in comparison...

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 12194 comments Susie:
I am with Carol, Jan O'DependableCat, Sherry and Susan; I read all of the monthly book lists and didn't realize I hadn't commented on yours! Mea culpa! I read cozies with my Mom and enjoy seeing possible new authors to try.

Susie in KS wrote: "Thank you Melodie :) You are always the only one who comments about my books. Sometimes I'm not sure why I even post them...mostly out of habit I guess..."

Donna in Southern Maryland (Cedarville922) | 120 comments I read Killer Cutsmyself this month, along with the latest Joanne Fluke. I really like the "Dead End Jobs" series, and I can't wait for the next installment to see Phil is successful in finding the missing x-husband. These books are always fun reading for me.

I like Flukes recipes, so I'll have to check out some of the other authors mentioned that look like they are into cooking. Now, if she could just decide on which fella to marry! I'm pulling for the dentist, myself. :o)

Donna in Southern Maryland

message 10: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3343 comments Donna, I totally agree about the Fluke books! If she doesn't resolve this in the next book I refuse to spend money on them again!!

message 11: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1411 comments OK, you guys made me feel a lot better :) Nice to know we do have more than a few cozy lovers!

I did finish Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows a little while ago, and I loved it :)

message 12: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1411 comments Donna in Southern Maryland wrote: "I read Killer Cutsmyself this month, along with the latest Joanne Fluke. I really like the "Dead End Jobs" series, and I can't wait for the next installment to see Phil is successful..."

Donna ~ I like the dentist too! She just needs to make up her mind already :)