Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Pick Me A Winner: June 16th through July 15th

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Duration: June 16th - July 15th
Partners will be picked on the same day!

guidelines for this challenge:
* Create a "shelf" for your partner to choose from before the challenge begins
* You choose 3 books from your partners shelf for your partner to read
* Your partner picks three from your shelf for you to read
*After you read your book come back and post to let your partner know when you are done and what you thought of the book (no pressure, it can be just one sentence)

**** The challenge is to read one book from your shelf that your partner chose. You do not have to read all three! (it's just to give a choice) ****

If you have questions, please post them Here

Please sign up below and post a link to your shelf for your partner to choose from!

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jun 22, 2017 08:21PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Participants

✓1. Vicki
✓2. Circe
✓3. Jasmine
✓4. Jessica
✓5. Allison
✓6. Leah
7. Bre
✓8. Sarah
✓9. Trinity
✓10. Michelle
✓11. PreePree
✓12. Ashly
✓13. Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd)
✓14. Michelle (NY)
✓15. Esther to Read shelf
✓16. Hannah
✓17. Caroline
✓18. Abbigail

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jun 22, 2017 08:22PM) (new)

message 4: by Vicki (last edited Jun 03, 2017 10:50AM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Woo hoo! I'm in!

My Pick Me a Winner Shelf

message 12: by Trinity (last edited Jun 07, 2017 04:31PM) (new)

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 451 comments I'm in, it's been awhile!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 16: by Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (last edited Jun 10, 2017 09:10PM) (new)

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Updated!!

Welcome everyone!

and for those not yet signed up, there are still a few more days to! Don't miss out!

message 19: by P.O.G (new)

P.O.G | 219 comments I'm in! I'm making the thread later, I didn't want to miss out on sign up

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Updated! Welcome!

Everyone else, last day to sign up! I'll assign partners tomorrow!

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 14, 2017 08:07PM) (new)

message 24: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jun 16, 2017 05:39PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments

Partners assigned!

Please see the post HERE to find their Shelf

(Esther, I picked your To Read shelf. Update ASAP if you want a different shelf!)

Happy Reading!

message 25: by Trinity (last edited Jun 16, 2017 06:15PM) (new)

Trinity Yay!!
My partner is PreePree and I chose for you:

Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano because I remember really enjoying this one
Wintersong (Wintersong, #1) by S. Jae-Jones because I am going to be reading this one soon and want to see if you enjoy it :) Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber because it's part of this group's month read and has many great reviews

I hope I picked you a winner, happy reading!! :)

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 224 comments Woo-hoo! :)

My partner is Ashly and for you I am choosing:

A Single Man by Christopher Isherwood because I like the cover!

This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki because I've heard lots of good things about it.

Finding Mr. Brightside by Jay Clark because I've wanted to read it too but haven't and would like to see if you like it.

Hope you get a good one! Enjoy!

message 27: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2677 comments My partner is Vicki, and I choose:

1. Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill because this was a cute story.

2. The Methuselah Project by Rick Barry because this sounds interrsting.

3. So I'm a Double Threat (Double Threat, #1) by Julie Prestsater because I like the cover.

message 28: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 188 comments My Partner is Sarah and the books I choose is:

The Girl Who Raced Fairyland All the Way Home (Fairyland, #5) by Catherynne M. Valente because it's the last book to a series

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch because everybody loves this book

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez because it's been on your shelf the longest

Happy Reading!!

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1677 comments My Partner is Bre and I chose for you:

1. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black - One of my all time favorite Holly Black Books.

2. Code Name Verity (Code Name Verity, #1) by Elizabeth Wein - If you like historical fiction this is a pretty interesting read.

3. Lucky by Alice Sebold - This might be a little hard to read because of the subject matter, but it's worth it.

message 30: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments My partner is Leah and for her I choose the following:

1. The Dating Intervention (Book 1 in the Intervention Series) by Hilary Dartt because I love the title...it sounds like a fun, cute read

2. You'll Think of Me by Robin Lee Hatcher because I'm a sucker for a good Christian romance

3. Royal Tour (Potion, #2) by Amy Alward because the cover is so bright and cheery and it sounds cute

I really hope you find a good read among these three. Happy reading!

message 31: by Vicki (last edited Jun 18, 2017 05:36PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Leah wrote: "My partner is Vicki, and I choose:

1. Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill because this was a cute story.

2. The Methuselah Project by Rick Barry because this sounds interrsting.

3. [bookcove..."

Thanks for my picks, Leah. I'm going to start with [bookcover:So I'm a Double Threat|20694229] because I already own it and have owned it for over 4 years now.

IF I get time I really want to read The Methuselah Project by Rick Barry so wish me luck!

message 32: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7281 comments My partner is Jasmine and I pick:

1.) The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West because it was a cute read.

2.) A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness because it's a popular book.

3.) Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1) by K.A. Tucker because it was a deep yet good read.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

My partner is Allison and here are my choices for you.

1. Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here by Anna Breslaw because this book sounds interesting.

2. The Last Boy and Girl in the World by Siobhan Vivian because I read a book by this author and loved it.

3. Time Between Us (Time Between Us, #1) by Tamara Ireland Stone because it is on my tbr as well.

Hope I picked a winner!

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) My partner is Caroline, and I chose these three books!

1.) Fearless (Fearless, #1) by Francine Pascal because it sounds like a lot of fun!

2.) Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare because it's on my TBR as well, and I would be interested in seeing how you liked it.

3.) The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah because you might be interested in something that isn't YA. :)

I hoped that I picked some good ones for you! :)

message 35: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments My partner is Abbigail and my picks are

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han Because this is one of my favorites

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Because you should continue with the series

Chasing Eveline by Leslie Hauser Because this looks cute

message 36: by Michelle (last edited Jun 17, 2017 07:20AM) (new)

Michelle | 451 comments My partner is Circe and the books I choose for you are:

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon because I read this not long ago and enjoyed it.
The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson because I've heard good things about this one.
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas because it seems like an important read.

Hopefully you enjoy whatever one you choose!

message 37: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 557 comments For my partner Ester, I picked:
Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard because it is on my to-read as well,
Yes Please by Amy Poehler because I liked it and it has on been on your to-read list for awhile, and
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson because it is one of my favorite books.

Hope there is a winner!

message 38: by senior reporter (last edited Jun 17, 2017 10:15AM) (new)

senior reporter (storm12) | 44 comments My partner is Anna (Adventures with a booknerd). I have chose these three books for her.

The August Five by Jenna Helland A dark book. I like dark books.

Graffiti Knight by Karen Bass Its a very hard book about world war 2. Read this book if you like.

Curse of Stars (Diamond Crier #1) by Donna Compositor This is a very dark fantasy. Maybe I shall try this book to read.

message 39: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) | 1156 comments Sorry for the late! I'm so busy lately.

My parter is Michelle and I choose:
Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu You will love it, trust me!
The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner One of my favs trilogy <3
A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2) by Beth Revis This is good!

message 40: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Lake | 249 comments My partner is Hannah and my picks for her are:

1. The Magnolia League (Magnolia League, #1) by Katie Crouch I read this in middle school and I thought it was great but my judgement of books was skewed then so I'm not sure now. Espeically since its Goodreads ranking isn't what I'd expect.

2. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler I also read this is middle school but I still think it's a really good read.

3. Defy (Firstborn Trilogy, #1) by Raine Thomas I wanted to add a variety of genres to your picks and it has a high rating.

message 41: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Lake | 249 comments Hannah wrote: "My partner is Jasmine and I pick:

1.) The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West because it was a cute read.

2.) A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness because it's a popular book.

3.) [bookcover:..."

Thanks Hannah! I'm going to read A Monster Calls because I just picked it up from my library and I was planning to read it for the 2 month challenge. It's perfect! :D

message 42: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 188 comments Sarah wrote: "Woo-hoo! :)

My partner is Ashly and for you I am choosing:

A Single Man by Christopher Isherwood because I like the cover!

This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki because I've heard lots of good things..."

Thanks for the picks. I'm going to try to read them all.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Caroline wrote: "My partner is Anna (Adventures with a booknerd). I have chose these three books for her.

The August Five by Jenna Helland A dark book. I like dark books.

Graffiti Knight by Karen Bass..."

Thanks Caroline! I'm going to be reading Curse of Stars, and maybe one of the others if I have time. :)

message 44: by P.O.G (new)

P.O.G | 219 comments Trisha wrote: "
"

Trisha I am so busy these days thjat I forgot about this thread, but my to-read-shelf is good cause everything on there I really want to read. just didn't get the time to it yet.

message 45: by P.O.G (new)

P.O.G | 219 comments My partner is Jessica and my picks are:

The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon :Because we all need Colors in our life and the cover is very colorful plus I like this author

Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand : because we all need some fantasy and magic in our book life 😄

This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp : because we all need some reality and intensity, and because I also have this one pending on my to read list

You had a lot of books that I also had in my to read lis. This is going to be fun (or at least I hope so). Happy pickings and good luck 😉

message 46: by PreePree (new)

PreePree | 478 comments My partner is Trinity...sorry for the delay

The books I pick are
Wintersong (Wintersong, #1) by S. Jae-Jones The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2) by Veronica Rossi

message 47: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Thank you everyone for making it back to pick for your partners!

Anyone still missing some picks, I've reaching out and messaged your partners so hopefully you will have picks very soon!

Thx!

message 48: by Trinity (new)

Trinity PreePree wrote: "My partner is Trinity...sorry for the delay

The books I pick are
Wintersong (Wintersong, #1) by S. Jae-JonesThe Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley ArmstrongThrough the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2) by Veronica Rossi"

Thanks for the picks PreePree!

message 49: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1677 comments Trisha wrote: " Thank you everyone for making it back to pick for your partners!

Anyone still missing some picks, I've reaching out and messaged your partners so hopefully you will have picks very soon!

Thx!"

Can you pick for me please. I need to plan for my July reads.

message 50: by PreePree (new)

PreePree | 478 comments Trinity wrote: "Yay!!
My partner is PreePree and I chose for you:

Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano because I remember really enjoying this one
Wintersong (Wintersong, #1) by S. Jae-Jones because I am going to be reading this one ..."

I pick Caraval

« previous 1