What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Thriller/Drama/Maybe Based On A True Story? Female Prison Guard Seduces Inmate And Breaks Him Out Of Jail To Kill Her Husband

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (msaimeeangel) | 30 comments Hi everyone!

I don't really remember too much about this book, I know that the title was short (maybe one or two words?) and I think that the cover was maybe some trees and snow, sort of a barren landscape.

I didn't actually read the whole book, I know that I received a notice or email with an excerpt from it on google books or Amazon books, because it was a new and trending book maybe a couple of years ago and was on sale/free online due to it being new and that it was available as an ebook/paperback as well, but I haven't been able to find that email again.

All I know is that it may or may not have been based on true events and was regarding a female prison guard/prison employee at a men's prison that seduces an inmate and breaks him out of jail/coordinated his escape and then helped him kill her husband. They then run away and I believe they do get caught, maybe?

I'm sorry about the lack of details, it's all very fuzzy. I'll try to post more if I happen to remember any other details. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, it's been bugging me that I can't remember the title/author and got to read just a little bit of it.

message 3: by Aimee (new)

Aimee (msaimeeangel) | 30 comments Thank you for the link, but I looked at it and no, it doesn't sound like it.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39281 comments Mod
Aimee, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Could it be Jar of Hearts by Jennifer Hillier. Not based on a true story and the guard doens't kill her husband, but she does have an affair with the guard in exchange for favors and offers services to other inmates to improve her situation. She gets out of prison pretty early in the book, so it's not the plot of the whole book.