What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical romance. Heroine's brother dies, she doesn't want anyone to know, Scottish warrior sets siege to her home, she gets kidnapped, plot to kill Robert The Bruce. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monica (new)

Monica Freske | 7 comments The female character I think is named Ilsbeth and her brother dies but she doesn't want anyone to know because she doesn't want to marry or lose her home but a Scottish warrior sets siege and takes over her home she gets kidnapped and gets involved in a plot to kill Robert The Bruce. I think the title of the book has something to do with the bride

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37566 comments Mod
Moved to Unsolved.

Monica, when did you read this? Remember the cover? Series or standalone?

Please add some plot details to your header since many members are searching for historical romances. If you are unable, a mod can help.

message 3: by Miss Mara (new)

Miss Mara | 156 comments Maybe The First Blast of the Trumpet by Marie Macpherson? (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...)

message 5: by Monica (new)

Monica Freske | 7 comments All the plot details I can remember is the man she was supposed to marry gets angry and kidnaps her and then forces her to help with the plans to assanate Robert The Bruce as he travels through the country trying to hideout on his way back to Scotland but she ends up saving his life and in the process gets seriously wounded

message 6: by Monica (new)

Monica Freske | 7 comments Ilsbeth has not told the king that her brother has died because a bad knight has told her that he can get permission from the king to marry her and she won't have to give up her home but while he is out doing evil deeds a Scottish warrior sets siege to the castle and she dresses as her brother and talks to him from the top of the keeps walls to make him leave but he won't because he was sent by Robert The Bruce to capture the castle. Her and her people fight back by dumping boiling water ,rotten food and the chamber pots on their heads. When the warrior finally gets in he tries to make her swear aligance to him she refuses and is sent to the dungeon when he finds out she has been left their she is already sick. While she is getting better he visits her often and they end up being friendly. He works very hard on restoring the castle and helping her people. The bad knight returns and kidnaps her and forces her to go on his mission to kill Robert The Bruce. She ends up helping Robert by screaming that it's an ambush but in doing so gets severally wounded. In the end she gets her warrior and her home.

message 8: by Monica (new)

Monica Freske | 7 comments No sorry that's not the one butthanks

message 9: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2379 comments How long ago did you read it?

message 10: by Monica (new)

Monica Freske | 7 comments Seven or eight years ago but I bought it used then

message 11: by Monica (new)

Monica Freske | 7 comments The cover was white with a blue Celtic symbol on it.

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32243 comments Mod
Monica, I added plot details to your topic header. Feel free to edit it.

message 13: by Monica (new)

Monica Freske | 7 comments That's awesome thank you

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37566 comments Mod
Monica, are you still looking for this or did you find it?