Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Someone Like You
This topic is about Someone Like You
BOOK BESTIE: ARCHIVED > Pair 1: Hannah and Ramneek (June Besties)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5510 comments Pair #1: CONTEMPORARY.
⭐️Hannah and ⭐️Ramneek

Read a book off the YA Easy Summer Reads List.

message 2: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new) - rated it 3 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments Here is what I can do off this list. (I've read a lot of these books on the list already.)

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
The Year I Turned Sixteen (The Year I Turned Sixteen, #1-4) by Diane Schwemm
Lucky (Avery Sisters Trilogy, #1) by Rachel Vail
Crash (Crash, #1) by Nicole Williams

Ramneek | 360 comments Awesome! My library is pretty rubbish so the only ones I can get are Crash and Someone Like You. I've already read Crash though, do you want to go for Someone Like You? :D

message 4: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Jun 03, 2017 11:40AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments That will be fine with me. I like Sarah Dessen.

Ramneek | 360 comments Hey Hannah :) I'm sorry I haven't started this one yet, I've been in a bit of a slump, did you manage to? But I am about to start it now, I'll probably post about every 4/5 chapters :D

message 6: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new) - rated it 3 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments I have my copy but I have not read it yet. I have been putting too many books ahead of it.

Ramneek | 360 comments Haha, I know the feeling!

Ramneek | 360 comments So I managed to read a few chapters and I'll just spoiler tag my thoughts so you can read them whenever :)

Chapters 1-4
(view spoiler)

message 9: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new) - rated it 3 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments Part 1.

(view spoiler)

Ramneek | 360 comments I know what you mean! I've read a few Sarah Dessen books but this is the first one where I'm sensing a lack of character development but as you said, hopefully it improves.

message 11: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new) - rated it 3 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments Part 2.

(view spoiler)

Ramneek | 360 comments Part 2

I totally agree with not liking Halley's mum, she's such an exaggerated character and incredibly annoying. I also actually hate Macon, urgh, zero substance and just so so so unlikeable, I hate the way he keeps pressuring Halley!!
Halley and Scarlett's relationship is definitely one of the stand out points in this book but I keep finding myself wishing this book was in Scarlett's POV instead of Halley, who I'm finding to be such a dull and again, annoying character.

message 13: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new) - rated it 3 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments I agree that Scarlett would have made a better main character.

Ramneek | 360 comments Part 3

So I've just finished it and gave it 2 stars. The ending was okay? I'm just really disappointed with this overall and it was pretty boring. I liked the message of friendship that was reflected throughout the whole book but that was all it had going for it. To be honest, this is kind of making me not want to read any more Sarah Dessen! The ending was a stronger part of the book though and the pregnancy story line was wrapped up quite nicely.

message 15: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new) - rated it 3 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments I finished but forget to post. I gave this a 3. It wasn't the worst book by her that I read. Like you the characters weren't that great.