Good YA Series discussion

Retellings of Disney movies

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Would you read books that were retellings?

message 2: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee White | 1 comments Yes!!!!!! I've been looking everywhere for a decent retelling of Beauty and the Beast and can't seem to find anything.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Grotkowski | 1 comments I always thought Sara Maas "A Court of Thorn and Roses" was a Beauty and the Beast retelling, though certainly not a Disney version.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Kaylee wrote: "Yes!!!!!! I've been looking everywhere for a decent retelling of Beauty and the Beast and can't seem to find anything."

You should check out As Old as Time. It is good. It is a twisted tale of Beauty and the Beast. Liz Braswell has other books that are twisted tales and they are: A Whole New World and Once Upon a Dream

message 5: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Jones (alexis9639) | 3 comments A really good sort-of disney retelling series is the Lunar Chronicles

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

@Alexis, have the books and I already read them

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy Marie (amymarie_author) | 3 comments I love books with a new twist on old stories. I tried to tie in a beauty & the beast theme in my writing. I'm just getting into the Lunar chronicles per a recommendation of someone sitting next to me on a plane! Are there any other series worth mentioning?

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Furlong (beckyfurlong) | 2 comments I've been looking for retellings of alice in wonderland if anyone has any recommendations.

message 9: by night (new)

night (eluvion) | 4 comments Rebecca wrote: "I've been looking for retellings of alice in wonderland if anyone has any recommendations."

Well try the Looking Glass Wars. I liked them, but a lot of people didn’t so idk.

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Furlong (beckyfurlong) | 2 comments Lienara wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "I've been looking for retellings of alice in wonderland if anyone has any recommendations."

Well try the Looking Glass Wars. I liked them, but a lot of people didn’t so idk."

Thank you. I'll defenitely give them a look.

message 11: by night (new)

night (eluvion) | 4 comments Amy wrote: "I love books with a new twist on old stories. I tried to tie in a beauty & the beast theme in my writing. I'm just getting into the Lunar chronicles per a recommendation of someone sitting next to ..."

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas is a really good Beauty and the Beast Retelling.

message 12: by Caprice (new)

Caprice | 7 comments Lienara wrote: "Amy wrote: "I love books with a new twist on old stories. I tried to tie in a beauty & the beast theme in my writing. I'm just getting into the Lunar chronicles per a recommendation of someone sitt..."
Alice in zombieland is a retelling of Alice in wonderland.

message 13: by Shinara (new)

Shinara Newton (shinararose) | 10 comments All of Katy Regnerys books are retelling of fairy tales.