What is Life without books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive 2020 > Do you like movies too?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 194 (194 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
I love movies almost as much as I love books. Please share some movies you like, want to see, and more

message 2: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
I love to rent Redbox when I get a chance. I watched "Bye Bye Man" this weekend and it wasn't too bad. Some scary movies lately have just not been that great for me so I'm glad this one was a little better than most. But Stephen King and M. Night Shyamalan are hard to complete with. I also just watched "Moana" and I enjoyed that one as well. I really like most Disney movies? Anyone seen the new Beauty and the Beast? What did you think? I have not seen it yet!

Karen  ⚜Mess⚜ I was thinking about seeing Pirates of the Caribbean this weekend. I don't get out much to see movies. I don't have tv and I don't normally rent something. All I do is work and READ!

message 4: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
Karen wrote: "I was thinking about seeing Pirates of the Caribbean this weekend. I don't get out much to see movies. I don't have tv and I don't normally rent something. All I do is work and READ!"

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean the day it came out. I love this series but I feel like this newest one is not as good as the rest. I enjoyed it, but Jack Sparrow was not in it as much as the other movies, I felt. Maybe I expected too much from this one. Not sure you should watch it and see what you think.

message 5: by Roya (new)

Roya (eeiko) I never got into Pirates of the Caribbean. I remember when it was really popular when I was in middle school and I was just like meh.
To be honest I haven't been to the show in forever. The people I like going to the movies with aren't around and I don't feel like going by myself.
Sometimes I watch Netflix or crunchyroll. Last thing I watched was a series called Chewing Gum. Pretty outrageous comedy about some ridiculous people.
Anyway, has anyone seen the OA? I love that series so much!

message 6: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
I watched a little of the OA but I didn't get to into it yet.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Tessman | 8 comments Aly wrote: "I love to rent Redbox when I get a chance. I watched "Bye Bye Man" this weekend and it wasn't too bad. Some scary movies lately have just not been that great for me so I'm glad this one was a littl..."

I saw the new Beauty and the Beast. Loved it!! It was sooo well done!

message 8: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
I can't wait for the new Transformers movie! Anyone else? I love Bumblebee!

message 9: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
Anyone got any movies they are looking forward to this year? I hope the Dark Tower will be good.

message 10: by M.L. (new)

M.L. Sparrow (mlsparrow) | 43 comments I just went to see Baby Driver. It was kinda a last resort pick since there wasn't much on but I actually really enjoyed it.

message 11: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
M.L. wrote: "I just went to see Baby Driver. It was kinda a last resort pick since there wasn't much on but I actually really enjoyed it."

I thought Baby Driver looked like one I would like because I love all the Fast and Furious movies. I'm glad you liked it I will probably check this one out then.

message 12: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
My husband wanted to see The House because he likes Will Ferrell. But I hated this movie. It was not worth it for me and my husband didn't laugh like he usually does for Will Ferrell movies.

message 13: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
I can't wait to see Dark tower and Kidnap.

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Bowman | 17 comments Dark Tower looks good.

message 15: by Cailee (new)

Cailee | 2 comments Kidnap looks promising! It reminds me of Enough, that early 2000s action-thriller with Jennifer Lopez

message 16: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
Yes I liked the movie "enough" as well I also really liked Gothika. I was hoping it would be a mix of the two maybe.

message 17: by Greg (new)

Greg Meritt | 4 comments My neighbor invited me to the movies and he wanted to see War for The Planet of the Apes. I really didn't have much desire to see it, but went as a friend and I acutally thought it was excellent! I love it when a movie surprises me. and turns out a lot better than I thought it would be. I also saw Atomic Blonde - it was good, but very, very violent. Rented "Boss Baby" and watched with my wife and kids. That was really good! I guess I love movies almost as much as books too.!

message 18: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
I loved Baby boos as well but I have not yet seen Atomic Blonde and I thought I might want to see it so thanks for giving your opinion on this one! I love movies very much!

message 19: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
I am going to try to see Dark Tower this weekend and I hope to see Kidnap next weekend. I try to go to the cheaper showing before 5PM. :)

message 20: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
I loved the Dark Tower movie and I can't wait to see what they do with the next one. I have not read the books so I can't compare the book with the movie but I must say I enjoyed the movie!

message 21: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
I did go see Kidnap and it does remind of the "Taken" movies a little. But I loved those movies and I do really like Halle Berry. Has anyone else been to the movies lately?

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Aly - I saw Dark Tower too and really enjoyed it!! I'm surprised there were so many negative reviews but I think it's mostly people who read the books (they never can seem to do a King book justice, the exception being The Green Mile).

I also recently saw the King Arthur remake with Charlie Hunnam and thought it was awesome. I'm disappointed it didn't do well in theaters. Probably no sequel.

message 23: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "Aly - I saw Dark Tower too and really enjoyed it!! I'm surprised there were so many negative reviews but I think it's mostly people who read the books (they never can seem to do a King book justice..."

I really want to see that King Arthur movie as well! I will rent it next weekend. I can't wait to see it!

message 24: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
Any good movies out lately?

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I saw the new Baywatch this weekend. The beginning was pretty funny, and overall I'd give it 7/10. Just the ending dragged on a little too long:

message 26: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "I saw the new Baywatch this weekend. The beginning was pretty funny, and overall I'd give it 7/10. Just the ending dragged on a little too long:"

I love "The Rock"!

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Me too! Him and Zac Efron were a funny pair.

message 28: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Walker | 20 comments I love movies, but don't actually get to watch that many new ones; we're big fans of the old black and white ones. Like Aly, I enjoy Disney movies. Also non-gory ghost stories, and fantasy such as the Lord of the Rings series. Thank you for suggesting the new Beauty and the Beast movie; now I'm going to go rent it, if it's out on DVD already.

message 29: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
Sylvia wrote: "I love movies, but don't actually get to watch that many new ones; we're big fans of the old black and white ones. Like Aly, I enjoy Disney movies. Also non-gory ghost stories, and fantasy such as ..."

I also watch a lot of Netflix and Redbox, because I don't have money for all the movies I like so I have to wait and rent it. :)

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Just saw The Hitman's Bodyguard. It was pretty fun, but, just a warning, very violent.

message 31: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "Just saw The Hitman's Bodyguard. It was pretty fun, but, just a warning, very violent."

thank you, I thought about this movie myself!

message 32: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
I am thinking of trying that movie "Mother". Anyone else interested in this movie?

message 33: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Bowman | 17 comments It looks like one of those movies you want to watch cuddled up on the couch with your favorite comforter, with the lights out. I'll be ordering this one on pay preview as soon as it comes out.

message 34: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
Melissa wrote: "It looks like one of those movies you want to watch cuddled up on the couch with your favorite comforter, with the lights out. I'll be ordering this one on pay preview as soon as it comes out."

good idea! :)

message 35: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Bowman | 17 comments Two of my kids went to see It, they loved it. I'm going to need a little more convincing.

message 36: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
I loved the "old" IT but I will probably rent the new one and compare.

message 37: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
I see a new Tomb Raider movie is coming next year. I love these games so I hope the movie is good.

message 38: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
I think I will go see "The Foreigner" I like Jackie Chan!

message 39: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
Aly wrote: "I think I will go see "The Foreigner" I like Jackie Chan!"

The Foreigner wasn't bad but it I wish it had more action than what it had. It just took this movie a while to build up for me.

message 40: by Emily (new)

Emily Crow | 22 comments I saw Blade Runner 2049 this weekend--it was really good! Ryan Gosling did a great job as the lead.

message 41: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
Emily wrote: "I saw Blade Runner 2049 this weekend--it was really good! Ryan Gosling did a great job as the lead."

I should see this one next then. thanks Emily!

message 42: by Emily (new)

Emily Crow | 22 comments Aly wrote: "Emily wrote: "I saw Blade Runner 2049 this weekend--it was really good! Ryan Gosling did a great job as the lead."

I should see this one next then. thanks Emily!"

If you are a fan of the original Blade Runner, I would definitely recommend it.

message 43: by Karin (new)

Karin Yes, I like movies, but try not to watch too much TV and don't have the $$ to go to the theatre often (spending it on other things as I have Children-who-aren't-really-children (2 teens & one early 20s).

message 44: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
Anyone like the Pitch Perfect movies? I really like them so I can't wait for the 3rd one.

message 45: by Erin (new)

Erin I loved the first Pitch Perfect but not the second one. I'll probably still go see the third movie.

message 46: by Kady (new)

Kady Monroe | 33 comments I enjoy watching movies, but hardly have any time to watch these days. If a movie is an adaptation of a novel, then I prefer to read the book first.

message 47: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
Anyone interested in seeing the new Jumanji movie? I really like Dwayne "the rock" Johnson and I also think the movie will be totally different than the last one so I want to see if I like it too. I really liked the original.

message 48: by Kate (new)

Kate Aly wrote: "Anyone interested in seeing the new Jumanji movie? I really like Dwayne "the rock" Johnson and I also think the movie will be totally different than the last one so I want to see if I like it too. ..."

I think it looks really entertaining and it's nice it's so different also. Then it won't feel like some of the other remakes do where it's way off the mark from the original and ruins the sentimentality of it.

message 49: by Aly, Book Monster and group creator (new)

Aly | 1141 comments Mod
I am looking forward to Maze Runner: The Death Cure. The other two movies were pretty good.

message 50: by Kenny (new)

Kenny Hyman I'm a Star Wars and comic book movie fan! My top three movies are The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, and Warrior. Honestly, Batman Begins and Warrior are duking it out for second place in my head. I guess that makes them tied, so The Prestige would be third.

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.