Reads With Friends discussion

The Circle
This topic is about The Circle
The Circle > Thoughts on The Circle

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Felicia (littleprairielibrary) | 78 comments Mod
This thread is for our final thoughts about the book! Beware of spoilers!

Lauren (bookworm1987) | 344 comments Mod
I think I liked the concept more than the actual plot. I thought it was interesting but struggled a bit to get through.

Felicia (littleprairielibrary) | 78 comments Mod
I kind of struggled with this book too! The concept was really interesting, and the author did some interesting things with it. I felt really creeped out most of the time, and at times I just wanted to deleted my online presence just like Mercer. (And that scene when they were chasing him freaked me out really bad too). I could definitely see our world going like this, so for that part the concept was really well done.

Mae was really super boring to me. She never had any thoughts unless she was angry with people for not seeing how amazing the Circle was. I was annoyed with her most of the book.

I listened to it on audio and that got boring at times with all of the info dumping on Mae's stats. Like, all of the numbers started to just go in one ear and out the other. Also, it was narrated by a man and there were times when that was really weird to be in a woman's head but hear a man's voice.