Fringe Fiction discussion

Fringe Fiction General Chat > New Book Club

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin B. (last edited Jun 09, 2017 01:56PM) (new)

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) Hello All,

I created a new book club that I think some folks in this group might be interested in.

Brilliant Books You've Never Heard Of

We are going to be focused on modern books, anything published after 1960, that we feel have not received the love they deserve.

We'll be reading one book per month chosen by a poll. Nominations must meet the following criteria:
-Published in or after 1960, but at least 6 months old
-No more than 5,000 Goodreads ratings
-No self-promotion

The group was just created and we're still taking nominations for our first book. This is a great way to get in on the ground floor of a new group! I'm hoping it will be a fun way to discover new authors. Come on by and nominate a book that you think deserves some more recognition.

(Mods, I apologize if promoting a book club is not allowed. If it's not, please feel free to delete my post.)

message 2: by Kristin B. (new)

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) For anyone who is interested, we have just posted the poll for our first group read. We'll be starting out first book in July!

Help us pick our first book!

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 1398 comments Mod
Its not not allowed but no one's ever promoted one before. Seeing as the group is lacking engagement I'll allow it.

Maybe you can cross promote for buddy reads in here and your group if you and others are interested.

message 4: by Kristin B. (new)

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) I certainly will! We're two days from deciding on our first book. I'll be sure to post it as a Buddy Read in The Reader's Lounge folder and I'll let my group know about this group. We're still only have a few members, but I'm hoping to grow engagement in both groups. Thanks for answering!