English Translations of Scandinavian/Nordic Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

NetGalley > Jussi Adler-Olsen - The Scarred Woman

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

Ken Fredette (klfredette) | 4319 comments Mod
The Scarred Woman by Jussi Adler-Olsen is on the Mystery section of NetGalley it will be published for all readers 19 September 2017.

message 2: by Icewineanne (new)

Icewineanne | 257 comments Adding it to my list. Thanks Ken

message 3: by Sharon, Moderator (Netherlands) (new)

Sharon | 2424 comments Mod
Ken wrote: "The Scarred Woman by Jussi Adler-Olsen is on the Mystery section of NetGalley it will be published for all readers 19 September 2017."

Want to read but refuse paying 16.99€!!!!! Will happily wait.

message 4: by Sandy, Moderator (Canada) (new)

Sandy | 223 comments Mod
Sharon wrote: "Ken wrote: "The Scarred Woman by Jussi Adler-Olsen is on the Mystery section of NetGalley it will be published for all readers 19 September 2017."

Want to read but..."

Me too, Sharon. If I'm not lucky enough to get an arc, guess I'll wait for a library copy.

message 5: by Sharon, Moderator (Netherlands) (new)

Sharon | 2424 comments Mod
Sandy wrote: "Sharon wrote: "Ken wrote: "The Scarred Woman by Jussi Adler-Olsen is on the Mystery section of NetGalley it will be published for all readers 19 September 2017."

W..."

What is shocking IMHO is that some writers appear to get such PR and their prices skyrocket out of proportion to their content. I say this because the new Anne Holt out this month was more than 10 euros cheaper! Makes no sense.....

message 6: by Gisela (new)

Gisela Hafezparast | 100 comments Sharon wrote: "Sandy wrote: "Sharon wrote: "Ken wrote: "The Scarred Woman by Jussi Adler-Olsen is on the Mystery section of NetGalley it will be published for all readers 19 Septe..."

I've been to a Krimifest in Munich just a few months ago where Jussi and his actor who reads the german versions of his books for Audible and it was really good. But, I have to agree nearly everyone who attend (ca. 600 people) bought a hard-backed book which was very expensive. I didn't as I would ordinarily wait for the paperback version, a copy in the library or a second-hand copy but as I had some Audible credits left, I am actually listening to it now. So far it is good, although I didn't like all the books in the series. He is very clever, he said that he had always planned the series for 10 books with the answer to what we all want to know, i.e. what is the background story to Assad, being answered only in the last book. This one is all about Rose's story, which I am also keen to know. Cleaver plot, but not sure if it is 100% fair.

English Translations of Scandinavian/Nordic...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Scarred Woman (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jussi Adler-Olsen (other topics)